expand search

Human Resources

Business student walking on the bridge wearing formal clothing

Human Resources

Temporary / Casual Employee Hiring

The following information is to be used as a guide for those individuals (faculty or management) wishing to hire or obtain the services of a Temporary/Casual employee.

Temporary/Casual Employment Eligibility:

Temporary/Casual positions may only be used when employing individuals on a temporary basis (i.e. 10 consecutive working days or less).

Note: please refer to the  "OPSEU / Exempt Recruitment" if you require an individual for longer than 10 working days.

Pay Rates:

Please refer to the appropriate Collective Agreement/Salary Grid for position classifications and pay rates: Collective Agreements.

Hiring a Temporary/Casual Employee:

A Casual Employment Record form must be completed and sent to the Payroll Office (Blackburn Hall Suite 123):

Click here for Casual Employment Record Form


You must attach banking information and both the Federal and Provincial Tax Forms.

If you wish to hire from a research account, please follow the instructions to Hire a researcher.


If you have any questions concerning this form or the procedures which should be followed to ensure that individuals are paid promptly, please contact payroll@trentu.ca.