Trent University is the #1 undergraduate university in Ontario for a reason. Well, lots of reasons.
Separated by a river, joined by a bridge, Trent’s Symons Campus in Peterborough is a place of possibility, curiosity, and beauty. Our breathtaking campus provides a spectacular natural and architecturally inspiring backdrop for tomorrow’s groundbreaking ideas.
Our Durham Greater Toronto Area campus is located in a dynamic urban setting where big city and close-knit community intersect. Trent Durham GTA is the vibrant community you have been looking for.
Trent offers more than just rewarding career opportunities: the employee experience is important to us. With comprehensive benefit and pension plans for eligible employees, and a strong focus on wellness, green initiatives, and inclusion, employees achieve a rewarding and meaningful work-life balance.
- Dynamic spaces that inspire endless possibilities.
- If healthy minds and bodies lead to more productive thinking, Trent employees are likely some of the most productive thinkers around. Health and wellness are built into our DNA.
- Trent University was founded on the ideal of interactive learning that's personal, purposeful, and transformative, our emphasis on the interaction between students and staff is what makes Trent a fulfilling place to work.
- Our positions provide competitive salary ranges.
- We are committed to providing our employees with annual pay and cost of living adjustments.
Excellent Health Benefits
- Our comprehensive health benefits are 100% employer-paid with no waiting period and include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance coverage.
- Employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program which is confidential and available to employees and their dependents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Trent University's employees participate in defined benefit plans providing employees with an important source of retirement income.
- Staff, faculty, and retirees are the true heart of the Trent community. At the annual Heart of Trent celebration, we recognize and honour the commitment of our staff and faculty.
- There are several awards for employees’ outstanding contributions to the University through teaching, research, leadership, and innovation.
- We are committed to allowing our staff to maintain a work-life balance, this includes flexible hours, winter holiday closures, and generous vacations and leaves.
- We are committed to offering our employees the option to work remotely.
- Eligible staff members may self-fund leaves of absence by deferring a portion of their salary, which is then paid at the time the leave is taken.
- Our on-site Trent Child Care agency provides flexible, safe, and convenient childcare options as well as Trent Athletic Centre summer and March break camps.
- Paid compassionate time when your child is sick or has an appointment.
- We offer paid parental and maternity leaves.
Discounts and Other Benefits
- Staff and Faculty have access to unique discounts on campus and in the surrounding area. To access a full list of discounts and other benefits available to Staff and Faculty, please visit Alumni Services.
- Our tuition waiver and rebate program offer financial assistance to employees who want to further enhance their formal education.
- We have a number of ongoing learning and development opportunities for managers, staff, and faculty such as leadership and career development training, student support certificate training to further engage students, professional teaching and learning opportunities, and a comprehensive IT support hub.
- There are many opportunities for employees to advance their careers by taking temporary assignments throughout the University.
- Staff have access to a state-of-the-art Athletics Centre in Peterborough and the newly renovated Civic Recreation Complex in Oshawa, along with a staff wellness credit.
- Beautiful campus located on the Otonabee River with plenty of hiking and biking trails.
- We have on-campus food that fuels you, at Trent, you have countless options to grab a quick bite to eat.
- We continue to build on our reputation as a world-leading environmental university, having been named #3 in Canada, and among the top 100 most sustainable university campuses worldwide, in the 2021 UI GreenMetric World University Rankings.
Employee’s eligibility for certain benefits is dependent on employment status and/or length of contract.
Trent University respectfully acknowledges it is located on the treaty and traditional territory of the Mississauga Anishinaabeg. We offer our gratitude to First Peoples for their care for, and teachings about, our earth and our relations. May we honour those teachings.