Frequently Asked Questions: Payroll
*New* January 11, 2021:
2020 Work From Home Expenses and FAQs
- If I have more then one job, do I get separate time sheets?
- How do I complete a timesheet?
- Who has to sign the timesheet?
- What happens if I don’t submit my hours by the deadline?
- When is the deadline for submitting a timesheet?
- Why has my pay decreased from December to January?
- How do I check on my current deductions/benefits contributions?
- How can I obtain a paystub from a previous pay period?
- When will I get my T4?
- What are the statutory holidays for this year?
- How do I change my personal banking information?
- How do I hire a student?
- How do I request a Record of Employment?
- I’ve moved – who do I notify?
No, you will go into your employee portal and enter your hours as normal and add the correct position # for each job.
Please visit the VIP training guides located on our website.
Since we have switched to electronic time entry, you are reporting your hours worked and your supervisor will approve and forward to payroll for processing.
You will need to complete a payroll adjustment form if you do not submit your hours for the current pay period.
Your time must be entered by noon each Monday for the previous week’s hours. Please refer to the payroll deadlines one our website for exceptions dues to statutory holidays.
The most common reason for this is CPP & EI deductions. Any employee who reaches the maximum contribution deduction in a calendar year will have their deductions stopped. Since January is the start of a new calendar year CPP & EI deductions will resume.
Each pay day you will be sent a pay stub which you can view in your employee portal. This will show your earnings, deductions and any benefits that you may be entitled to.
You will be able to access previous pay stubs on your employee portal.
The University has until February 28th to distribute all T4 slips. T4 slips will be available on your employee porter. If you no longer work for the University your T4 slip will be mailed to the address we have on file for you. Please ensure that the payroll office has your current mailing address for up to 14 months following your departure from the University..
Please email payroll with your request.