Welcome to the Trent Athletics Centre, Home of the Excalibur
Trent Athletics Centre welcomes back students and members on Monday, January 31, 2022
January 21, 2022
Trent Athletics looks forward to welcoming students and members with existing memberships back to the Athletics Centre beginning Monday, January 31, 2022..
As we plan for a safe return, we continue to require all students and members to pre-book their workout time slots through our online booking system. The online booking system will open on Thursday, January 27 for students and members to begin booking their workouts.
The start dates for the following Athletics Centre programs have also been updated:
Excalibur Varsity Programs
- All in-season varsity programs will be able to resume the week of January 31, 2022. All varsity teams participating in off-season training will be able to resume the week of February 7, 2022.
- More information regarding OUA (Ontario University Athletics) leagues and championships will be provided once it becomes available.
- All Excalibur student-athletes and coaches will be required to complete a rapid testing protocol prior to participating in any team activities or events. Head Coaches and teams will be contacted with more information about rapid testing and next steps about team activities, including practices and training.
- For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All in-person campus recreation programming will resume the week of February 7, 2022.
- For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Fitness Classes and Sport Programs
- Fitness Classes, Indoor Rock Climbing, Squash Courts and Gymnasium drop-in programming will resume the week of February 7, 2022.
- For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trent Student Clubs
- All sport-based student club programming will be paused with a start date scheduled for the week of February 7, 2022.
- Before programming can commence the student club would have to submit an up to date COVID-19 Safety Plan to reflect the changes in capacity and any applicable sport governing body and/or public health parameters that are in effect for February.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Competitive and Recreational Judo
- The Adult and Junior Judo Program will start February 22.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Youth Program) or email@example.com (Adult Program) with any questions.
Allan Marshall Pool
- The Allan Marshall 25m pool will remain closed at this time. An update will be provided as soon as it is available.
NEW Proof of Vaccination Requirements
As per provincial public health protocols, all Trent students and members must provide their enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code when the Athletics Centre reopens January 31, 2022. QR codes will be scanned using the Verify Ontario app and will be the only proof of vaccination accepted.
The QR code can be used digitally or by printing a paper copy. Anyone needing to download their enhanced certificate with QR code can do so by visiting the Ontario COVID-19 vaccine page. Additionally, physician notes will no longer be accepted for medical exemption purposes.
For more information and updates from the Ontario government, please visit the Ontario Health website to read about these provincial announcements as well as the accompanying background document explaining the provincial response to Omicron.
We thank everyone for following the COVID protocols that have kept us safe throughout the fall term and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to the Athletics Centre on January 31.
NOTICE: Trent Students - if you have questions about your student account to access the Athletics Centre, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest updates on hours of operation, reactivation of memberships, booking procedures and more, please review our Frequently Asked Questions.
Visit our Excalibur Varsity website for more information on our varsity programs and athletes!
For complete information on all programs, including campus recreation, for our Trent Students webpage.
Competing on the water, the field, the court, or cheering from the stands – together we are One Excalibur. Trent University stands as a hub of high-performance sport, attracting elite athletes to join the Excalibur team and build on our legacy of athletic and academic success. Learn more by going through our 2022 Trent Excalibur Viewbook and see the programs and activities we offer!