Do you have an accessible format request? Please email us or call 705-748-1011 extension 6602.
What We Do
We lead conversations and initiatives related to human rights at Trent University. Our work includes the following areas:
- Monitoring and advising on Trent University's Accessibility Policy and compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Have a question about AODA? Contact us!
- Monitoring and advising on Trent University's Discrimination and Harassment Policy and Employment Equity Policy.
- Providing advice on and helping to resolve human rights complaints.
- Supporting the Presidential Advisory Council on Human Rights, Equity, and Accessibility (PACHREA) and its subcommittees.
- Providing education and outreach to the Trent University community on issues related to human rights, equity, and accessibility
... and much more!
Our Vision for Trent University
Trent is a dynamic university where students, researchers, faculty and staff engage in a campus life free from discrimination and harassment. Trent community members are aware of their rights and responsibilities and are actively participating in eliminating discriminatory barriers. Trent scholarship is informed by the principles of full and fair inquiry and all members of the community are participating and valued as equals.
Our office is located in Otonabee College, East Bank of the Symons Campus, Rooms 121-124.
Due to staffing constraints, we cannot guarantee that staff will be present at all times during regular office hours. Please contact us in advance to ensure that we will present.
Accessible parking is located in the Otonabee North Parking Lot (next to the Wenjack Theatre entrance). Enter through the double set of automatic doors and turn left. The accessible ramp will lead you to the lower level. Follow the ramp to the bottom and turn right. The office is located on the left hand side, 25 feet down the straight corridor.
Contact us if you require assistance accessing our office!