About Trent University
One of Canada's top universities, Trent University was founded on the ideal of interactive learning that's personal, purposeful and transformative.
Consistently recognized nationally for leadership in teaching, research and student satisfaction, Trent attracts excellent students from across the country and around the world.
Here, undergraduate and graduate students connect and collaborate with faculty, staff and their peers through diverse communities that span residential colleges, classrooms, disciplines, hands-on research, co-curricular and community-based activities.
Across all disciplines, Trent brings critical, integrative thinking to life every day. Trent's unique approach to personal development through supportive, collaborative community engagement is in more demand than ever. Students lead the way by co-creating experiences rooted in dialogue, diverse perspectives and collaboration.
In a learning environment that builds life-long passion for inclusion, leadership and social change, Trent's students, alumni, faculty and staff are engaged global citizens who are catalysts in developing sustainable solutions to complex issues.
Trent's Peterborough campus boasts award-winning architecture in a breathtaking natural setting on the banks of the Otonabee River, just 90 minutes from downtown Toronto, while the Durham GTA campus offers a close-knit community with an urban vibe, conveniently located in Oshawa, 40 minutes from downtown Toronto.
We respectfully acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of the Mississauga Anishinaabeg. We offer our gratitude to First Peoples for their care for, and teachings about, our earth and our relations. May we honour those teachings.
Trent has been Ontario's #1 undergraduate university 7 years in a row
- #1 undergraduate university in Ontario; #3 in Canada 1
- #1 in Canada for Scholarships and Bursaries 1
- #1 in Ontario for Extracurricular Activities 1
- #1 in Student Awards in Ontario 1
- #2 in Ontario for Student Satisfaction 1
- Among Top 3.4% Universities in the World 2
Trent graduates get jobs
- 95% of Trent grads employed after two years 1
- 87% of Trent grads employed six months after graduation
- Trent graduates of Nursing, Physical Sciences, and Fine & Applied Art all reported a 100% graduate employment rate two years after graduation;
- Agriculture and Bio Science students from Trent see a 96% graduate employment rate two years after graduation;
- Graduates from the Education program at Trent see an impressive 97% graduate employment rate two years after graduation;
- Humanities graduates at Trent recorded an employment rate of 93% just six months after graduation, higher than the province average.
Trent students are glad they came
- 95% of students are happy they chose Trent
- 94% of students are satisfied with the overall quality of their Trent education 3
- Leader in student satisfaction: Trent outranks Ontario universities in 8 of 10 categories, including student-faculty interaction and supportive environment. 4
Trent is a leader in research and innovation
- #4 undergraduate research university in Canada 5
- #1 in publication intensity in Canada 5
- #3 in publication impact in Canada 5
1 Maclean’s University Rankings, 2018 - Primarily Undergraduate Category
2 Center for World University Rankings, 2017
3Canadian University Survey Consortium, 2012
4National Survey on Student Engagement, 2014
5>Re$earch Infosource Rankings, 2017