Applying to Trent University
The journey starts now. Apply to the #1 undergraduate university in Ontario.
Looking to apply to Trent? We look forward to being your guide through the admissions process.
Applying to university marks an exciting milestone in a student's life and doesn't have to be a daunting task. Whether you're applying to a program at the Peterborough campus or our Durham Greater Toronto Area campus, your next steps are outlined below. International student? Find out more on how to apply.
How to Apply
What kind of applicant are you?
- Ontario Secondary Student
- Non-Ontario Secondary Student
- Advanced Placement
- International Student
- International Baccalaureate
- College Graduate or Transfer Student
- University Graduate or Transfer Student
- Home Schooled
- Returning Trent Student
- Mature Student
- Incoming student on Letter of Permission
- Canadian Indigenous Student
You are encouraged to apply to Trent as early as possible as some programs have limited enrolment.
The OUAC website has many helpful resources such as Frequently Asked Questions, Video Tutorials and step-by-step guides.
Additional Admissions Forms (please note these are mainly optional forms)
Below you will find links to a variety of forms to support your application to Trent University. These forms can be located under the "Academics" tab of your myTrent portal after you have applied and received a Trent ID:
- Extenuating Circumstances - this form can be used to explain any extenuating circumstances that effected your grades, bringing your admission average slightly below minimum requirements. These forms are reviewed by the Admissions Committee once we have your final grades.
- Intention to Upgrade - this forms can be used to let us know courses that you plan to upgrade over the summer months, or outside of your regular day school, in order to meet admission requirements.
- Mature Student Supplementary Application - applicants who are a minimum age of 21, have been out of full-time studies for at least 2-years, and do not meet Trent's admission requirements are asked to submit this form after applying.
- Readmission to Trent - Please visit the Former Trent Students webpage for further details.
Email "Safe Sender" List
Once you apply, you will begin to receive emails from Trent Admissions outlining next steps and other important information to the email identified in your OUAC application.
Please ensure you add "@trentu.ca" to your 'Safe Senders' list in your email.
You may want to check your Junk Mail if you feel you have missed a communication from Trent.
Review Your Next Steps
Congratulations! You've made a great choice applying to Trent. Review your next steps in the already applied section.
Contact us anytime at: