Applying to Trent University
The journey starts now and we’re here to guide you through the process.
Looking to apply to Trent? We look forward to being your guide through the admissions process.
Applying to university marks an exciting milestone in a student's life and doesn't have to be a daunting task. Whether you're applying to a program at the Peterborough campus or our Durham Greater Toronto Area campus, your next steps are outlined below.
Contact us anytime at:
- Peterborough Campus: Email email@example.com or leave a message at 1-888-739-8885.
- Durham GTA Campus: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 1-888-655-5559.
International student? Find out more on how to apply.
How to Apply
What kind of applicant are you?
- Ontario Secondary Student
- Non-Ontario Secondary Student
- Advanced Placement
- International Student
- International Baccalaureate
- College Graduate or Transfer Student
- University Graduate or Transfer Student
- Home Schooled
- Returning Trent Student
- Mature Student
- Incoming student on Letter of Permission
- Canadian Indigenous Student
You are encouraged to apply to Trent as early as possible as some programs have limited enrolment.
- Ontario secondary students will use the OUAC 101 application form at www.ouac.on.ca/101
- If you are not currently registered as an Ontario secondary student, please apply using the OUAC 105 application and refer to the special application instructions below. www.ouac.on.ca/ouac-105/
- Domestic students (Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents) not currently enrolled in an Ontario high school, and wishing to only apply to Trent University, can do so through the Trent direct application If you are an international applicant or are applying to multiple universities/programs, please apply at www.ouac.on.ca/ouac-105/
The OUAC website has many helpful resources such as Frequently Asked Questions, Video Tutorials and step-by-step guides.
If you are currently enrolled in an Ontario secondary school, guidance counsellors will provide you with access codes (school number, student number, temporary PIN) to access the OUAC site and application process.
All other applicants will create user profiles on the OUAC site and will not require access codes.
Below you will find links to a variety of forms to support your application to Trent University.
- Release of Information (Login to MyTrent)
- Extenuating Circumstances - This form can be found under the 'Academics' tab on your myTrent portal.
- Intention to Upgrade - This form can be found under the 'Academics' tab on your myTrent portal.
- Mature Student Supplementary Application - The form can be found under the 'Academics' tab on your myTrent portal.
- Reactivation Form - Please visit the Former Trent Students webpage for further details.
- Indigenous Diploma Program Supplementary Application
Email "Safe Sender" List
Once you apply, you will begin to receive emails from Trent Admissions outlining next steps and other important information to the email identified in your OUAC application.
Please ensure you add "@trentu.ca" to your 'Safe Senders' list in your email.
You may want to check your Junk Mail if you feel you have missed a communication from Trent.
Review Your Next Steps
Congratulations! You've made a great choice applying to Trent. Review your next steps in the already applied section.