Student Support Certificate
Faculty & Staff Professional Development
The Student Support Certificate is a series of workshops geared toward academic and non-academic staff who have direct contact with students. These courses aim to enhance the capacity of Trent faculty and staff members to effectively assist students in a variety of situations, and to help create a supportive environment that builds students’ life skills and ability to cope with a range of issues.
In order to obtain the certificate, individuals participate in all workshops listed below. Ideally, participants begin with the Foundational sessions prior to the Advanced sessions. Workshops are facilitated by Trent community members.
*Sessions offered Fall 2021 are marked with an asterisk. All workshops will be virtual via Zoom unless otherwise indicated.
Series of Courses:
- Conflict Resolution and Reporting Processes
- Understanding Student Development*
- Effective Communication and Referrals*
- More Feet on the Ground: Mental Health Awareness (online, self-paced)*
- Respecting Individuals and Supporting Equity
- safeTALK: Suicide Alertness for Everyone* (3 hours, in person)
- Student Accessibility
- Just Get Over it
- Positive Space
- Sexual Violence on Campus: Prevention, Intervention and Survivor Support*
For questions about the program, contact Kate MacIsaac, Mental Health and Wellness Strategist