Student Support Certificate
Faculty & Staff Professional Development
My name is Caitlin, I am the Student Conduct and Education Coordinator here at Trent. I also coordinate the Student Support Certificate for staff and faculty wishing to get further training about how to best support students.
The Student Support Certificate is a series of workshops geared toward academic and non-academic staff who have direct contact with students. These courses aim to enhance the capacity of Trent faculty and staff members to effectively assist students in a variety of situations, and to help create a supportive environment that builds students’ life skills and ability to cope with a range of issues.
Below you will find information regarding workshop content, date, time, location, and a registration link.
*Sessions offered FALL 2022 are marked with an asterisk. All workshops will be virtual via Zoom unless otherwise indicated.
Series of Courses:
- Conflict Resolution and Reporting Processes*
- Understanding Student Development*
- Effective Communication and Referrals*
- More Feet on the Ground: Mental Health Awareness (online, self-paced)*
- Respecting Individuals and Supporting Equity*
- safeTALK: Suicide Alertness for Everyone*
- Student Accessibility Services*
- Just Get Over it
- Positive Space*
- Sexual Violence on Campus: Prevention, Intervention and Survivor Support*
For questions about the program, contact Caitlin Jacobs, Student Conduct and Conduct Education Coordinator, Office of Student Affairs