Welcome Employers & Community Partners
How can your organization hire Trent University Durham GTA students and graduates?
A Trent education prepares students to think differently about the world by providing exceptional opportunities to interact with and learn from their professors and peers. Founded on a collaborative learning model, Trent teaches beyond accepted paradigms and knowledge, equipping students with the skills to move past them by challenging the ways that they and others think.
For your organization to thrive in today's complex global society, you need employees who are critical thinkers, effective communicators, and highly collaborative. Your organization needs a Trent graduate.
Trent University Durham is your low cost on-campus and online resource for recruiting qualified candidates for your organization.
- Post your opportunities on Trent’s online Student Experience Portal
- Host a School of Business, Child & Youth Studies or Master of Management student
- Host a remote information session or drop-in session
- Review our Academic Programs to learn about the skill sets our students are developing
*All the above recruitment options are available to you at no cost.
Register & Post a Job:
New Users: Employer/Recruiter Registration
Returning Users: Employer/Recruiter Login
Experiential Learning Field Placement Programs:
Undergraduate School of Business Field Placement
- Students available for 100 hours of hands-on practical experience.
- 1-2 days/week during Fall & Winter Semesters.
- Recruitment period (post/applications/interviews) begins approximately 3 months ahead of student start date (June & October).
- Students work paid or unpaid* with local organizations.
- Students complete Ministry of Labour Mandated Health & Safety Training prior to start date.
Master of Management: Work Integrated Learning Project
- Students from a variety of educational backgrounds & professions with previous experience.
- Summer work experience requirement for graduation: 160 hours+ workplace projects.
- Recruitment period (post/applications/interviews): ongoing.
- Paid/unpaid* & remote-based options available.
- Students return to studies in Fall semester and available for hire full-time thereafter.
Child & Youth Studies Field Placement
- Students can complete 100+ hours of field placement in 4th year.
- Available 1-2 days/week during Fall & Winter Semesters.
- Recruitment Period (post/applications/interviews): May - July.
- Unpaid* & remote-based options.
*Trent University & MCU provide Workplace Insurance in most instances
Contact us Today:
(905) 435-5102 ext. 5042
Guidelines for Ethical Recruitment
As a member of the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE), Trent University follows their "Guidelines for Ethical Recruitment ". Job postings and on-campus recruitment must conform to the Ontario Employment Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please refer to the Trent Employer/ Recruiter Recruitment Policy for more information.