Trent University has moved courses and many essential services online to mitigate the risk of COVID-19. In response, Durham Academic Skills is offering online appointments to our students.
Book an Appointment
1) Go to the Student Experience Portal
2) Login using your myTrent username and password
3) Click on “Durham GTA Campus Appointment Bookings” on the left side of the screen.
For Math and Statistics academic skills support, please contact Darren Nesbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Durham students are invited to submit written work online. You can submit a draft of your writing at any stage of the process and an instructor will answer your questions and offer comments. Online appointments complement one-on-one sessions to make our services more available. Book an appointment online and email your assignment/questions to email@example.com prior to the appointment time.
Academic Skills Online Resources
An assortment of online academic resources are available, including
- Online Documentation Guide: What to Cite and How to Cite it
- Thinking it Through: Essay-Writing Guide
- Study Skills for University
- Exam Preparation
- Referencing, Formatting and Avoiding Plagiarism
- Grammar and Clear Writing
- Essays, Writing Assignments and Presentations
- Resources for Math and Sciences