January Start Undergraduate Students:
Need help deciding what courses are available and what you should take for your major? Book an appointment with an Academic Advisor (see instruction below for how to book an appointment).
Once you have spoken with an Academic Advisor or if you already know which courses you want to register in, drop in to our registration support: Wednesday's 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM via Zoom
Please note: Course availability for January start undergraduate students varies by major.
How to Book an Appointment (Undergraduate Students):
Appointments must be booked—drop in is only available at select times as advertised on this webpage.
Academic Advisors now work out of two locations.
If you are booking an 'in person' appointment, please note the LOCATION of your appointment when booking. DRA-55 Thornton Rd South or ALC 11 Simcoe St North.
There are flexible options each day for in person, video or phone. In person and video is the best method for comprehensive and effective engagement with Academic/Career Advising. Phone is the least effective and suggested as a last resort. The booking system will alert you to what types of appointments are being offered by an advisor on a given day. If your preferred method of appointment delivery is not available please select a different day.
- Go to the Student Experience Portal.
- Login using your myTrent username and password.
- Click on “Durham GTA Campus Appointment Bookings” on the left side of the screen. (Please note that this method only works for students who already have a student ID number and active myTrent account)
- Click on "Book by Appointment Type" to choose either Academic Advising or Career Advising.
- Once you have selected a type of appointment, you will be able to view the next available appointment for that service.
- Go to "View Calendar" to see available appointments for the next 10 business days.
NOTE: If you select "View Calendar", use the Toggle Filters button and choose to display only the appointment type you want to book.
Where to go for In-Person Appointments: For appointments at DRA - 55 Thornton Rd South, please follow the signage located at the Front Entrance Atrium (Building A), and wait in the chairs by the furthest doors at the East end of the Atrium. An Advisor will come to get you for your appointment. For appointments at ALC - 11 Simcoe St North, please check-in at the front reception desk.
Looking for an Appointment Today (Undergraduate Students)?
A limited number of same-day appointments will open for booking at 9:00 a.m., Monday to Friday. Please follow the "How to Book an Appointment" steps above to book an available same-day, phone or video chat, appointment.
If you have trouble booking an appointment using the Student Experience Portal, please call 905-435-5100 ext. 5158.
Resume Consultation (Undergraduate Students):
Resume consultation is available if you visit peer resume drop in. Details can be found at: www.trentu.ca/durham/careerservices
How to access your built-in video chat appointment:
These instructions can also be found when you book via the Student Experience Portal
1. Log into trentu.ca/sep. You will land on the Dashboard Overview page.
2. On the day of your appointment, go to the My Video Chats section of the page and click on the View button.
3. You will see the Booking Details and the Join button.
4. Ten minutes before your appointment time, you will be able to access the video chat when you click on the Join button.
We recommend that you use Google Chrome to log in for your video chat appointment.
Built-in video chat troubleshooting tips:
- Before your appointment, complete a pre-call test to determine whether your camera, browser and bandwidth will be able to support the call: https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall
- Update your browser to the most recent version i.e. Chrome, Edge, Safari:
- If you are using a Mac, anything older than Safari 11 is not supported.
- Note that you will not be able to share your screen if you are using a mobile device.
If you have specific questions regarding waitlists or waivers you can contact your department directly. Pre-requisite waivers are completed online through your myTrent account. Course registration issues or questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For all financial questions please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important dates from the Academic Calendar
- Course Selection and Registration
- Petitions and Appeals
- Academic Timetable
- Academic Skills Centre
- Academic Mentoring
- New Student Information
- Cumulative Average Calculator
- https://www.trentu.ca/registrar/records-registration (Records and Registration)