Course Selection and Registration:
Please explore the Course Selection and Registration page for instructions on how to register for courses.
How to Book an Appointment:
Appointments must be booked—drop in is only available at select times as advertised on this webpage.
There are flexible options each day for in person, phone, and video appointments. The booking system will alert you to what types of appointments are being offered by an advisor on a given day. If your preferred method of appointment delivery is not available please select a different day.
- Go to the Student Experience Portal.
- Login using your myTrent username and password.
- Click on “Durham GTA Campus Appointment Bookings” on the left side of the screen. (Please note that this method only works for students who already have a student ID number and active myTrent account)
- Click on "Book by Appointment Type" to choose either Academic Advising or Career Advising.
- Once you have selected a type of appointment, you will be able to view the next available appointment for that service.
- Go to "View Calendar" to see available appointments for the next 10 business days.
NOTE: If you select "View Calendar", use the Toggle Filters button and choose to display only the appointment type you want to book.
Where to go for In-Person Appointments: Please follow the signage located at the Front Entrance Atrium (Building A), and wait in the chairs by the furthest doors at the East end of the Atrium. An Advisor will come to get you for your appointment.
Looking for an Appointment Today?
A limited number of same-day appointments will open for booking at 9:00 am, Monday to Friday. Please follow the "How to Book an Appointment" steps above to book an available same-day, phone or video chat, appointment.
If you have trouble booking an appointment using the Student Experience Portal, please call 905-435-5100 ext 5158 for assistance.
Resume consultation is available if you visit peer resume drop in. Details can be found at: www.trentu.ca/durham/careerservices
How to access your built-in video chat appointment:
These instructions can also be found when you book via the Student Experience Portal
1. Log into trentu.ca/sep. You will land on the Dashboard Overview page.
2. On the day of your appointment, go to the My Video Chats section of the page and click on the View button.
3. You will see the Booking Details and the Join button.
4. Ten minutes before your appointment time, you will be able to access the video chat when you click on the Join button.
We recommend that you use Google Chrome to log in for your video chat appointment.
Built-in video chat troubleshooting tips:
- Before your appointment, complete a pre-call test to determine whether your camera, browser and bandwidth will be able to support the call: https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall
- Update your browser to the most recent version i.e. Chrome, Edge, Safari:
- If you are using a Mac, anything older than Safari 11 is not supported.
- Note that you will not be able to share your screen if you are using a mobile device.
If you have specific questions regarding waitlists or waivers you can contact your department directly. Pre-requisite waivers are completed online through your myTrent account. Course registration issues or questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For all financial questions please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important dates from the Academic Calendar
- Petitions and Appeals
- Academic Timetable
- Academic Skills Centre
- Academic Mentoring
- New Student Information
- Cumulative Average Calculator
- https://www.trentu.ca/registrar/records-registration (Records and Registration)