FROM AUGUST 30TH TO SEPTEMBER 24TH
Virtual Front Desk and Academic Advising Drop In Availability
Drop-in academic advising is best suited for time sensitive questions related to approaching University deadline(s), course issues affecting the current semester (e.g. meeting degree requirements for final year of study), crisis/health issue affecting your academics this term, or other urgent situations that require assistance. Fifteen-minute remote drop-in phone or zoom appointments are available. Appointments can only be booked for same day appointments.
During the times listed below open this zoom link https://bit.ly/2N56YTf OR CALL 905 435 5100
Please note that while we will see as many students as possible there are a limited number of appointments available each day and spots will fill quickly.
Fri. Sept 17th 9:30 to 11:30 am
Mon. Sept 20th 9:30 to 11:30 pm and 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Tues. Sept 21st 9:30 to 11:30 pm and 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Wed. Sept 22nd 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Thurs. Sept 23rd 9:30 to 11:30 am and 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Fri. Sept 24th 9:30 to 11:30 am
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
If you have specific questions regarding waitlists or waivers you can contact your department directly. Pre-requisite waivers are completed online through your MyTrent account. Course registration issues or questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For all financial questions please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Advisors are working remotely and remain available to connect with students.
Use the link here to book your appointment online through the Student Experience Portal.
- Sign in to the Student Experience Portal with your Trent username and password (Please note that this method only works for students who already have a student ID number and active MyTrent account)
- Click on “Book Appointments” in the left menu to get started. Be sure to select "Durham Appointments".
The following instructions can also be found when you book via the Student Experience Portal.
Academic and/or Career Advising appointments are being offered online through the Student Experience Portal built-in video chat or by telephone.
- Please click on "Book by Appointment Type" to choose either Academic Advising or Career Advising
- Once you have selected a type of appointment, you will be able to view the next available appointment for that service.
- Go to "View Calendar" to see available appointments for the next 10 business days.
NOTE: If you select "View Calendar" below, use the Toggle Filters button and choose to display only the appointment type you want to book.
- Appointment availability changes frequently, so check back regularly.
- Please call 905 435 5100 if you are experiencing difficulty using this online booking system
How do you access your built-in video chat appointment?
1. Log into trentu.ca/sep. You will land on the Dashboard Overview page.
2. On the day of your appointment, go to the My Video Chats section of the page and click on the View button.
3. You will see the Booking Details and the Join button.
4. Ten minutes before your appointment time, you will be able to access the video chat when you click on the Join button.
We recommend that you use Google Chrome to log in for your video chat appointment.
Built-in video chat troubleshooting tips:
Before your appointment, complete a pre-call test to determine whether your camera, browser and bandwidth will be able to support the call: https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/
Update your browser to the most recent version i.e. Chrome, Edge, Safari:
If you are using a Mac, anything older than Safari 11 is not supported.
Note that you will not be able to share your screen if you are using a mobile device.
Note: Resume consultation is available if you visit our virtual peer resume drop in room. Link and details can be found at:
Need more help? Call 905-435-5100 or email email@example.com with your name, student # and phone #. Durham Admin will help you to arrange an appointment time.
- Petitions and Appeals
- Academic Timetable
- Academic Skills Centre
- Academic Mentoring
- New Student Information
- Cumulative Average Calculator
- https://www.trentu.ca/registrar/records-registration (Records and Registration)