Welcome to the Durham Campus Exam Centre
The Durham Campus Exam Centre provides professional proctoring services for accommodated exams for Trent University Durham Campus students registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS).
Durham Campus Exam Centre - Accommodated Exam Information
Students who are registered with the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and who receive testing accommodations may book tests, midterms, quizzes, and exams to write with the Exam Centre on the same day and time as the class is scheduled to write.
Test booking requests much be completed online a minimum of two weeks (14 days) in advance. Requests received without this notice cannot be guaranteed, thus the student may be required to write the test with their class.
Online Test Booking:
- Schedule a quiz, test or midterm during the academic year or,
- Schedule a final exam book a final exam during the December or April formal university exam period
Should you encounter any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Durham Campus Exam Centre Faculty Information
The Durham Campus Exam Centre works closely with faculty members to ensure that all quizzes, tests, and exams are scheduled efficiently and written with integrity.
All tests/exams are supervised by trained proctors, many of whom are current graduate students.
For questions related to the exam centre, please first contact email@example.com
Submitting Tests, Midterms, and Exams to the Exam Centre:
- An exam drop off checklist is required to accompany each test/exam (or batch of). This checklist provides the proctor with all pertinent information regarding the test/exam being written.
- The Exam Centre requires that both a paper copy and electronic copy of the test/exam be submitted.
- Hard copies are to be submitted to the locked drop box located in the mailroom, room 146. The mailroom is located in the faculty wing. The door code can be retrieved from the main office if you are unaware of it.
- Additionally, please email a Microsoft word version of your test/exam to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return of Completed Tests, Midterms, and Exams:
- You are able to indicate how you best prefer to receive the completed test/exams on the drop off checklist provided with the test/exam.
- You may come and directly pick up the exam or receive the exam in your mailbox on the Oshawa campus or Peterborough campus.
- Alternatively, you may send someone beside yourself to collect the test/exam. An email sent previously to the email@example.com is required for this. Please instruct your TA or other to bring along Photo I.D. for verification.
Additional Professor Requests
The Exam Centre’s primary mandate it to provide accommodated exams for student registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). However, the centre also monitors tests/exams for students who have experienced an extenuating personal circumstance that has prevented them from writing with their class.
- The fee for this service is $25.00 and is charged directly to the student’s account at the time of the test/exam.
- To arrange this, faculty must make the request on behalf of the student by contacting the Exam Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in this email:
- Student Name, Course Information, Date of the original test and requested date/time of the make up time. All attempts will be made to book the student in as closely to the requested time as possible.
- Once the test/exam booking is confirmed, please provide the booking information to the student, and inform them of the Exam centre location (Room 111.1) and that they must bring their Photo I.D. as verification before being permitted to write the test/exam.
The Durham Campus Exam Centre also invigilates external College, University, and Professional exams.
In addition, at the request of the Trent University course instructors, the Exam Centre coordinates (when feasible) fee-for-service deferred exams for students who may have missed a test or exam for extenuating circumstances (e.g., illness, family emergency, travel during inclement weather). A course instructor must request this service although the student is responsible for paying the fees.
Trent University Durham
55 Thornton Road South
Canada, L1J 5Y1
Phone: (905) 435-5100 ext. 5032