Durham Campus Academic and Career Advising
Trying to decide on a career path that's right for you? We are here to help!
Career Advising can assist you with the career planning process. Academic and Career Advisors are working remotely and remain available to connect with students. Please visit the Student Experience Portal link found in myTrent, or use the link below, to book remote appointments. If you have any trouble booking online please call 905-435-5102 x5158. Please explore the information on the Careerspace page to help you get career ready,
We support your career development by answering questions such as:
- What can I do with my degree?
- What are my career, work and educational options?,
- How do I find a job?
- How do I write a résumé, prepare for interviews, and connect with employers?
- Should I continue my education beyond Trent?
Workshops and Events
Career services offers a variety of workshops to help you prepare for the workforce. Workshops include: resume and cover letters, job search, networking, and more!
Check out the Events tab (Events-Durham GTA Campus) located in the Student Experience Portal for a list of virtual workshops you can attend this term, including numerous weekly resume preparation and career resource 'zoom drop in' options.
Book an Appointment:
- Go to the Student Experience Portal in myTrent
- Login using your myTrent username and password
- Click on “Book Appointments-Durham Campus” on the left side of the screen
If you're not feeling well enough to keep your appointment please use the Student Experience Portal to cancel your appointment. For updates and any other questions about COVID-19 please visit Trent Forward
Returning in the fall!
Online Job Board:
Please visit Student Experience Portal
After logging in, click on the student job board link on the left-hand side.
Workshops coming soon!
What Can I Do With My Degree?
- Business Administration
- Child and Youth Studies
- Computing and Information Systems
- English Literature
- Gender and Women Studies
- Media Studies
- Social Work