Master of Management M.Mgt
Applications are now CLOSED for Fall 2019 intake.
The first Graduate Program to be offered at Trent University Durham, located within the thriving Greater Toronto Area in Oshawa.
Understand the larger social issues facing business and organizations in today's changing environment.
This professional masters program will provide you with a competitive edge in the job market with a grounding in a broad spectrum of business and management disciplines, from accounting to corporate finance and marketing to strategic management. Developed to address the needs of today’s employers, you will become prepared to take on leadership positions in management in Canada or abroad.
This full-time, 16-month, course-based program is offered by the School of Business at Trent University Durham Greater Toronto Area, specifically for students who have recently graduated from non-business majors. Begin the program directly after university graduation, or with up to five years of post-graduation work experience. The program will be offered over four terms and include a summer work integrated learning opportunity.
- Put theory into practice with a Workplace Integrated Learning Project with a minimum of 160 hours plus a 10-page reflective paper
- Study with students drawn to the program from across Canada and around the world
- Full-time studies
- Course-based program with placement
- September intake only
- Four-year, bachelor level, non-business degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) from an academic institution approved by Trent University
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- Two supportive letters of reference at least one from an academic familiar with the student
- Familiarity with calculus is highly desirable for any potential applicants. Successful completion of an undergraduate quantitative methods course will prove to be very helpful for students wishing to apply to this program
- Enrollment is limited; preference will be given to applicants who exceed the above minimum requirements and those with relevant work experience. Applicants should have graduated within the last five years of seeking admission
A GRE or GMAT test score is not required for admission into this program
Submit one official copy for all post secondary education institutions, including incomplete studies/programs, transfer courses, letter of permission and exchanges. In order to be considered official, transcripts must be received by Trent University in envelopes sealed by the issuing institution, or received from the Ontario Universities' Application Centre. Trent students do not need to order Trent University transcripts. The School of Graduate Studies will obtain your Trent University transcripts for your application free of charge.
Two Letters of Reference
Academic references are preferred; however, professional references will be accepted. Links for your referees to submit an online reference will be sent directly to the referees you have provided on your application. We recommend you contact your referees prior to submitting an application to confirm their availability and contact information. If your referee does not receive the link, you can suggest that your referee check their junk email folder and email setting. The email may have unintentionally been blocked by their email server.
Proof of English Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English usage, both written and oral, is essential to pursue graduate studies at Trent University. It Is required for applicants to demonstrate an adequate level of English proficiency, regardless of their citizenship status or country of origin. Applicants who completed two or more years of post-secondary education at a university in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the USA are exempt from this requirement. If you have completed two or more years of post-secondary education at a university where the primary language of instruction is English, the School of Graduate Studies is prepared to consider alternate proof of English language proficiency.
For detailed information about English Language Proficiency requirements, see International Applications.
Applicants must make their own arrangements for taking language tests and having the results sent to the School of Graduate Studies in time to meet application deadlines by contacting the centre in their locale or by writing to one of the above.
Personal Statement template
Typically 1-2 pages, detailing the applicant's interest and experience in the subject area. Please indicate in the subject line of your email: student name and M.MGT. Email to: email@example.com .
A Writing Sample
Submit a sample of your writing of about 20 pages or less. Writing samples preferred format is PDF. Hard copies will not be accepted. Good choices for writing samples include: an undergraduate essay, lab report, research report, journal article, a chapter from a masters thesis, or a published article. Please indicate in the subject line of your email: student name and M.MGT. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Proof of Citizenship (ie. copy of passport or birth certificate) will be requested, only if an offer of admission is made.
Program contact information:
For any program specific inquiries or current application status, please contact the program directly:
- MSMG 5030H: Marketing Management
- MSMG 5050H: Managerial Economics
- MSMG 5300H: Accounting Concepts
- MSMG 5210H: Strategic Human Resource Management
- MSMG 5710H: Legal Risks in Business
- MSMG 5720H: Supply Chain Management
- MSMG 5100H: Application of Statistics
- MSMG 5220H: Financial Markets & Mgmt
- MSMG 5120H: Organizational Effectiveness and Change
- MSMG 5260H: Strategic Thinking
- MSMG 5000Y: Workplace Integrated Learning Project (160 hrs plus 10 page reflective paper)
- MSMG 5800H: Foundations of Leadership
- MSMG 5250H: Ethics for Organizations
- Elective 1*
- Elective 2*