Trent Durham Counselling Services
Welcome – We are glad you are here!
What we Offer:
- Short-term, goal directed mental health support to all registered students who are presently residing in Ontario
- A confidential, non-judgmental, warm, compassionate, and safer environment with a personalized treatment approach
- Hybrid support options; in-person or virtual.
- Individual and group counselling formats available
- Wellness education and programming through the Peer Health Educators
What to Expect:
- A safe space to share, explore, and work toward meaningful change
- To be accepted and valued for who you are as a person
- Collaborative conversations focused on your goals
- Opportunities to build skills for coping
- Change-oriented counselling
- 50-minute individual counselling sessions
- Culturally affirming therapy that honors multi-faceted identities and cultural strengths, while also recognizing the impact of injustice, oppression and trauma
Meet Our Team:
Corinn Phillips (she/her), MA, RP
Manager, Student Wellness
Stephanie Fuller (she/her), MA, RP
Katherine Chambers (she/her), MSW, RSW
Therapist (Racialized Students)
Additional Resources Available:
Indigenous Student Therapist: available to navigate a variety of mental health concerns with Indigenous Students. Confidential, individual counselling sessions, as well as group workshops and sharing circles are available to all Indigenous students at no cost.
Durham Rape Crisis Centre (DRCC): access to free, confidential, trauma-informed counselling for survivors of sexual violence. Students accessing this resource are eligible for 8-12 individual sessions at no cost.
Email: Isabella Giuga (She/Her), BA Hons, RSSW to arrange a session either on the Thornton Rd campus or virtually; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) Program – Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
Access to publicly funded, evidence-based, cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT). CBT is a structured, time-limited therapy that is problem-focused, goal oriented and teaches practical strategies and skills for coping with depression, anxiety, and anxiety-related conditions. Interested to know more; book a session with counselling services to discuss a referral.