Student Accessibility Services
If you are planning to register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) for Winter 2023, be sure to complete the Pre-Intake Questionnaire before Tuesday, March 14th to guarantee accommodations are in place for the Winter final exam period.
After the March 14th deadline, new accommodation plans will take effect in the Summer term.
Students registered with SAS requiring accommodations for an in-person exam must book their exams using the SAS Portal a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of the formal exam period. The deadline to schedule in-person exams with the Durham Exam Centre is Tuesday, March 28th.
What We Offer:
- Individualized accommodation planning
- Referrals to on and off-campus services and supports
- Skill development in self-advocacy to promote autonomy and independence
- Support related to one’s disability and disclosure
- Consultation to students, faculty and staff on disability, accessibility and accommodation matters
Who We Support:
- Students who have a permanent or temporary disability
- Full-time and Part-time
- Undergraduate and Graduate
How to Register:
- Review documentation requirements
Documentation needs to be as recent as possible and outline the functional impacts of the disability. If documentation is out of date or incomplete, this may result in limited accommodations until current or complete documentation is provided. Please email us at email@example.com to request a Disability Documentation Form Addendum for service animals or emotional support animals.
- Complete the pre-intake questionnaire
The questionnaire take approximately 10 minutes to complete. We encourage you to provide as many details as you feel comfortable sharing, with the understanding that this information will assist an Accessibility Advisor in creating a meaningful accommodation plan with you. Be sure to upload your most recent documentation before submitting the questionnaire. Once the questionnaire and documentation are uploaded, and reviewed for accuracy, you will be contacted to schedule an intake appointment.
- Attend an intake appointment
During an intake appointment, you will meet with an Accessibility Advisor to collaboratively develop an accommodation plan based on your strengths and documented areas of need. With your consent, the accommodation plan, only noting your academic accommodations and not any disability information, will be shared with your professors. At this point, you will be fully registered with SAS.
Have questions about the registration process? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the Team:
Colleen Gergely, M.S.Ed., B.A. (she/her)
Trent Durham Accessibility Advisor, Learning Strategist
Student Services Offices, DRA 101.6
Contact Colleen at email@example.com or 905-435-5102 ext 5077 to schedule a SAS review appointment.
Already Registered with SAS:
- Explore and learn how to navigate the SAS Portal
- Check out the How to, reference guides
- Visit Durham Exam Centre to learn more about test bookings
Students registered with SAS requiring accommodated time or other exam-related accommodations for an in-person exam must book their exams using the SAS Portal a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of the formal exam period.