Student Accessibility Services
November 15th is the final date for SAS registration for the Fall 2021 term to ensure access to December exam accommodations.
Students requiring academic accommodations for Winter 2022 are advised to complete the Pre-Intake Questionnaire (PIQ) with as much advanced notice as possible.
What We Offer:
- Individualized accommodation planning
- Referrals to on and off-campus services and supports
- Skill development in self-advocacy to promote autonomy and independence
- Support related to one’s disability and disclosure
- Consultation to students, faculty and staff on disability, accessibility and accommodation matters
Who We Support:
- Students who have a permanent or temporary disability
- Full-time and Part-time
- Undergraduate and Graduate
How to Register:
1. Obtain Documentation from a health professional who can diagnose and outline the functional limitations of the disability as these relate to the academic environment.
a. Documentation should be as recent as possible.
b. Please review Documentation Requirements prior to moving on to the next step.
2. Complete the Pre-Intake Questionnaire. This step will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please provide as many details as you feel comfortable sharing at this stage as this will assist us in creating a meaningful accommodation plan with you. Be sure to upload documentation before submitting the questionnaire. Once the forms are uploaded to the SAS Portal, we will contact you to set up an intake appointment.
Have questions about the registration process? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore and learn how to navigate the SAS Portal
- Check out the How to, reference guides
- Take a look at the Durham Exam Centre and learn more about test bookings
Students registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) requiring accommodated time or other exam-related accommodations for an in-person exam must book their exams using the SAS Portal a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of the formal exam period.
The booking deadline for the December exam period is Friday, November 26, 2021.