Ask Big Questions. Explore all the Answers at Trent.
Science has taken us further than we ever dreamed possible. Yet, there are still questions that remain unanswered. When you study science at Trent, you’ll secure the skills and training you need to tackle the global challenges that confront us in the 21st century. Reduce the impacts of climate change, develop life-saving drugs, solve crimes, explore new frontiers in space – all of this is achievable with a foundation in scientific knowledge.
Science Degree Programs: Choose Your Own STEM Adventure
Pursue your passion and explore what interests you. Choose to major in one area of expertise, or take advantage of Trent’s flexible joint degrees, combining a Science program with a degree in Humanities or Social Sciences.
Popular Science Courses
- Astrobiology: Life in Universe
- Global Change of Aquatic Ecosystems
- Biocrime & Bioterrorism
- Molecules of Murder
- Data Mining
- Computer Crime & Forensics
- Drugs and Behaviour
- Psychology of Gender
- Geography of the Polar Regions
- Ecological Agriculture
- Canadian Renewable Resource Economics
World-Class Facilities at Your Fingertips
Test your hypotheses at one of Trent’s state-of-the-art facilities. Here’s just a few of the places you can use to take your research to the next level:
Natural Resources DNA Profiling & Forensic Centre
Water Quality Centre
Trent Environmental Wind Tunnel
|In partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources||
The most comprehensive mass spectrometry facility in Canada
One of only a few facilities of its kind worldwide
Expand Your Skills
- Advance your ability to design, conduct and interpret scientific research.
- Enhance your communication skills through writing and conference-style presentations.
- Develop critical-thinking, problem-solving, and advanced organizational skills.
Make A Difference
Why wait until graduate school to make your mark? Participate in a community-based research project working directly with local museums, not-for-profits and arts organizations.
Check Out Trent’s Current Community-Based Research Projects.
Get Career Boosting Experience
- Apply for multiple internship or work placement opportunities with organizations such as the RCMP, Parks Canada, local hospitals, Health Canada, and more.
- Travel the world performing field work or participate in a study abroad program.
- Gain practical experience through camps, field courses and community-based research projects.
- Make an impact in the community through a capstone research project.
Did You Know?
100% of Physical Sciences students find employment in their field within 6 months of earning their degree.
Source: MAESD and Institutions
Where can Science at Trent take you?
Check out these successful alumni!
|Mubrouka Elharram||Stephen Petersen||Maryam Monsef|
CEO of goat genetics company, GoatGEN
Head of Conservation & Research, Assiniboine Park Zoo
Canada’s Minister of Status of Women
“Getting the opportunity to work within Trent’s School of the Environment has been an indescribable experience. It’s given me confidence in what I’ve been learning because I’ve had real-life hands-on experience.”
— Edward Kellaway, Environmental Chemistry student