"I think the whole program is very unique in terms of having friends. They are all majorly interested in their major and what they want to study so we all help each other and we all make our way to figure out any problems that we can’t really solve."
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Working in state-of-the-art facilities, you will gain a solid grounding in chemistry, biochemistry, genetics and cell biology, preparing you for advanced studies in this dynamic and ever-changing discipline.
How does chemistry influence health and disease? How are all living creatures alike – and how do we differ? And can we meet human needs by manipulating the DNA of bacteria, plants and animals? The study of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology investigates these fundamental questions and more, exploring how molecules work in living systems and combining a wide range of chemical and biological disciplines. In this program, you’ll achieve a detailed understanding of the processes that control and mediate health, illness, reproduction, growth, and ultimately life itself.
- B.Sc. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Pursue the Medical Professional Stream to access to a variety of supports and unique extracurricular opportunities and gain the competitive edge in your med or vet school applications
- Gain advanced access to top-of-the-line lab facilities, including genetic technology, in Trent’s exclusive DNA, Life & Health Sciences Building
- Study side-by-side with expert scholars and explore unique undergraduate hands-on research opportunities
Ontario Secondary School Requirements
General Admission Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
Program Specific Prerequisites:
- Biochemical Concepts
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Protein Chemistry & Enzymology
- Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Research Scientist
- Laboratory Instrument Specialist
- Biomedical Scientist