Master of Science in Financial Analytics: Applied Modelling and Quantitative Methods M.Sc.
Applications for September 2021 remain OPEN for domestic students only.
Become career-ready for the financial sector.
Focus on the theories and techniques of financial analysis as you prepare for a career in equity analysis, financial forecasting, investment banking, commercial banking, corporate planning, portfolio management, pension fund management and other opportunities in the financial sector. This professional program can be completed in 16 months, and involves the in-depth study of mathematical finance, portfolio and risk management, linear programming, financial econometrics, numerical methods and financial management.
- Full time studies
- 16 months
- September intake only
- B.A. or B.Sc. honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) in one of the traditional disciplines: Anthropology, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computing & Information Systems, Economics, Geography, Humanities, Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, Philosophy, or Psychology
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- A university course in differential and integral calculus, and one in probability and statistics or the equivalent
- Some familiarity with linear algebra, and be capable of programming at an elementary level in at least one computational language
- A course in either differential equations or advanced statistics is required, depending on whether the student’s area of research will be mathematics or statistics based
- Enrollment is limited; preference will be given to applicants who exceed the above minimum requirements
A GRE test score is not required for admission into this program
Post-secondary transcripts and graduation certificates (where applicable) of all previous undergraduate and graduate work are required. This includes transcripts for courses taken on a Letter of Permission, for transfer credit, or on an exchange program. Transcripts must show all course work completed and grades received. If applicable, evidence of degree completion is required. Transcript must include a grading scale or transcript legend.
Please note: Transcripts are not required to be official and final when applying to the School of Graduate Studies. Official transcripts are only required to be submitted if an applicant receives an offer of admission.
Previous or current Trent University students do not need to submit a transcript for degree and course work completed at Trent University. Transcripts must be submitted for any course work completed at another institution – i.e.) study abroad, letter of permission, transfer credit.
Two Letters of Reference
Academic references are preferred; however, professional references will be accepted. Links for your referees to submit an online reference will be sent directly to the referees you have provided on your application. We recommend you contact your referees prior to submitting an application to confirm their availability and contact information. If your referee does not receive the link, you can suggest that your referee check their junk email folder and email setting. The email may have unintentionally been blocked by their email server.
Proof of English Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English usage, both written and oral, is essential to pursue graduate studies at Trent University. It Is required for applicants to demonstrate an adequate level of English proficiency, regardless of their citizenship status or country of origin. Applicants who completed two or more years of post-secondary education at a university in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the USA are exempt from this requirement. If you have completed two or more years of post-secondary education at a university where the primary language of instruction is English, the School of Graduate Studies is prepared to consider alternate proof of English language proficiency.
For detailed information about English Language Proficiency requirements, see International Applications.
Personal Statement template
Typically 1-2 pages, detailing the applicant's interest and experience in the subject area.
Detailed Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Proof of Citizenship (ie. copy of passport or birth certificate) will be requested, only if an offer of admission is made.
A $2,500 deposit is required upon acceptance of an offer to hold your place in the program.
Program contact information:
For any program specific inquiries or current application status, please contact the program directly: