Chemical Engineering: Trent/Swansea Dual Degree
- Globalize your degree by studying in Canada and the UK on stunning campuses with state-of-the-art facilities
- Option to apply, though a competitive process, to complete a 12-month paid Year in Industry placement in the UK, which may be counted towards the 48 months of work experience needed to acquire your P.Eng. licence in Canada. Assessment of experience may vary depending on requirements for individual licensing bodies.
- Gain hands-on experience in engineering through summer engineering placements (uniquely available to students in the dual engineering degree) at Swansea
- Join the 97% of program graduates employed within six months of graduating
Chemical engineers research, design, and develop chemical processes and equipment, oversee the operation and maintenance of industrial chemical, plastics, pharmaceutical, resource, pulp and paper, and food processing plants and perform duties related to chemical quality control, environmental protection and biochemical or biotechnical engineering. Chemical engineers are employed in a wide range of manufacturing and processing industries, consulting firms, government, research and educational institutions.
- Chemical Engineer
- Energy Manager
- Analytical Chemist
- Refinery Chemical Engineer
- Petroleum Engineer
- Product/Process Development Scientist
- Mining Engineer
- Technical Plant Manager
- Applications Engineer
- Wellsite Drilling Engineer
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- Minimum 80% average. SCH4U, SPH4U and MCV4U or MHF4U.
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch