Chemical Engineering: Trent/Swansea Dual Degree
Simultaneously earn both a B.Sc. and B.Eng. degree in just four years through a career-boosting partnership between Trent University and Swansea University in the UK. In this rewarding integrated dual degree, students spend the first two years studying Chemistry at Trent, gaining experience in modern experimental and theoretical chemistry, while using Trent’s world-class lab and instrumentation facilities. From there, you’ll head across the Atlantic to Swansea’s picturesque seaside campus to complete a Chemical Engineering degree at one of the top 10 engineering schools in the UK.
Your Career in Engineering Starts at Trent
This professional degree crosses the boundaries between fundamental science and applied engineering, getting you ready to design, operate and optimize chemical and physical processes, turning raw materials into valuable products for human use. Your studies will focus on established chemical engineering areas with application to energy, health, food, water, and the environment.
- Globalize your degree by studying in Canada and the UK with expert researchers, state-of-the-art-facilities and inspiring campus communities
- Option to apply, though a competitive process, to complete a 12-month paid Year in Industry placement in the UK, which may be counted towards the 48 months of work experience needed to acquire your P.Eng. licence in Canada. (Assessment of experience may vary depending on requirements for individual licensing bodies)
- Gain hands-on experience in engineering through summer placements at Swansea
- Join the 97% of program graduates employed within six months of graduating
Chemical engineers research, design, and develop chemical processes and equipment, oversee the operation and maintenance of industrial chemical, plastics, pharmaceutical, resource, pulp and paper, and food processing plants and perform duties related to chemical quality control, environmental protection and biochemical or biotechnical engineering. Chemical engineers are employed in a wide range of manufacturing and processing industries, consulting firms, government, research and educational institutions.
- Chemical Engineer
- Energy Manager
- Analytical Chemist
- Refinery Chemical Engineer
- Petroleum Engineer
- Product/Process Development Scientist
- Mining Engineer
- Technical Plant Manager
- Applications Engineer
- Wellsite Drilling Engineer
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- Minimum 80% average. SCH4U, SPH4U and MCV4U or MHF4U.
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch