Receive admissions information, event invites, and important reminders.
- First-hand investigative work with bloodstain pattern analysis, fingerprinting, and evidence recovery in mock crime scenes at Trent’s on-campus Crime Scene House
- Opportunities to research and work directly with scientists in the lab and professionals in the field
- A third-year work placement in a sub-discipline of your choice, including Federal government internships with Border Services, RCMP, Health Canada, Food Inspection Services
- Hands-on internships with federal organizations including Border Services, RCMP, Communication Security, Health Canada, Food Inspection Services
- Direct access to leading experts in DNA profiling, forensics and at the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Chemists conduct research and analysis in support of industrial operations, product and process development, quality control, environmental control, medical diagnosis and treatment, biotechnology, nanotechnology and other applications. They also conduct theoretical, experimental and applied research into basic chemical and biochemical processes to create or synthesize new products and processes. Chemists are employed in research, development and quality control laboratories; chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries; mineral, metal and pulp and paper industries; and a wide variety of manufacturing, utility, health, educational and government establishments.
- Crime Scene Technician
- Research Scientist
- Forensic Toxicologist
- Forensic Chemist
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biochemical Concepts
- Forensic Chemistry
- Molecules of Murder
- Organic Chemistry
- Spectroscopy & Spectroscopy
- Transition Metal Chemistry
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
- 75% overall average. SBI4U, SCH4U, and MHF4U or MCV4U are required. Admission average is calculated on required courses, including ENG4U, plus two next best 4U/M courses.
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch