Full Moon Ceremony
Welcome to those of you who are interested in learning about Full Moon Ceremonies. Blu Waters, Knowledge Keeper will facilitate this group.
Here are some details from Blu to help get you started:
What is it?
Full Moon Ceremony to honor ourselves, other women, and our relationship with the Grandmother Moon.
A time to come together and celebrate life.
2017 Dates for the Full Moon Ceremonies
- Thursday February 9, 2017 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Thursday March 16, 2017 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Thursday April 13, 2016 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
The Tipi in the back of Trent University Durham campus
Who is it for?
Any and all folks who identify as girls and women, including women on their Moon Time, it is also open to 2 Spirit and Trans identified folks
What to bring?
- Yellow cloth (usually half a meter of yellow broadcloth. I will keep extra cloth on hand for students/community members or those who may need to borrow some)
- Tobacco (just enough to put a handful into your cloth. Again, I will have extra tobacco on hand for students)
- Long skirt. (If you do not have a long skirt, we have a couple here for borrowing).
- If you are 2 spirit/trans identified you do not have to wear a skirt.
- Warm clothes, blanket, etc. for cold weather.
Please contact Percy if you have any questions. We look forward to celebrating with you!
Facilitated by Sean Badgley, Indigenous Student Ambassador
Every Thursday from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Located at the back of the campus