Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Are you interested in starting your own business, patenting an idea, or working in a corporation or small enterprise? In a world that thrives off of innovation, creative thinking and savvy ideas, this program will help you develop your business acumen and better prepare you for a rewarding career in marketing, sales, product development or brand management. You will explore everything you need to know about the strategic implementation of ideas from the incubation phase to the marketplace. Topics such as entrepreneurship, marketing, branding, and advertising will be covered in order to provide you with the foundational tools to start a business, pursue a passion for research and innovation, or simply to improve marketability to potential employers.
This intensive postgraduate certificate program is open to students who hold an undergraduate degree from any accredited university. Graduates from sciences, social sciences, and the humanities will find the courses particularly engaging should they wish to start their own business, market an innovation, or patent a recent idea or product. The strategic implementation of ideas from the incubation phase to the marketplace is also explored.
The certificate can be taken full-time or part-time and can be completed in as little as eight months.
Admission Requirements - September 2020
To be eligible for this program, you must hold a degree from an accredited university. Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree with a planned completion before September are eligible.
Entry Term: September
Location: Available at the Durham Campus or Peterborough Campus
Duration: Available for full or part-time studies
Program Completion Requirements: Completion of 5.0 credits as specified
To apply to this post-graduate certificate, please complete this application form.
Please note that early registration (by late-June) is required to ensure that you get into all of the required courses for the certificate. For assistance with registration, please email email@example.com
Please note that applicants to this program, should direct any inquires on the program and or their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any supporting documents for their application should also be sent to this email address.
The Certificate program consists of the following 5.0 credits:
- 2.0 ADMN credits consisting of ADMN 2010H, 2080H, 2100H, and 3420H
- 3.0 ADMN credits from ADMN 3021H, 3150H, 3170H, 3430H, 3441H, 3750H, or 4870H
- A minimum cumulative average of 65% is required to complete the certificate.
- For individual course descriptions, see University Calendar. Please consult the academic timetable, for information on when courses will be scheduled.
- Transfer credit, up to a maximum of 1.0 assigned credit, may be awarded for the certificate. The courses for transfer credit may be from Trent or another accredited university provided a minimum grade of 60% has been achieved.
It is important to register in your courses without delay and prior to your arrival in September!
Fall Semester Course Requirements (Peterborough Campus)
- ADMN 2010H: Management Skills
- ADMN 2080H: Managerial and Market Research
- ADMN 2100H: Intro to Marketing
- ADMN 3420H: Entrepreneurship
- 0.5 credit elective from ADMN 3021H: Fundamentals of Management Accounting, or ADMN 3441H: Social Enterprise and Social Innovation
Winter Semester Course Requirements (Peterborough Campus)
Five 0.5 credit electives from:
- ADMN 3021H: Fundamentals of Management Accounting (if you did not take it in the Fall semester)
- ADMN 3150H: Advertising
- ADMN 3170H: Introduction to Retail Marketing
- ADMN 3430H: New Venture Planning and Design
- ADMN-COIS 3750H: Online Marketing (Web)
- ADMN 4870H: Field Placement 1 - (application required by October 15)