Marketing & Entrepreneurship – Postgraduate Certificate
Are you interested in starting your own business, patenting an idea, or working in a corporation or small enterprise? In a world that thrives off of innovation, creative thinking and savvy ideas, this program will help you develop your business acumen and better prepare you for a rewarding career in marketing, sales, product development or brand management. You will explore everything you need to know about the strategic implementation of ideas from the incubation phase to the marketplace. Topics such as entrepreneurship, marketing, branding, and advertising will be covered in order to provide you with the foundational tools to start a business, pursue a passion for research and innovation, or simply to improve marketability to potential employers. This intensive postgraduate certificate program is open to students who hold an undergraduate degree from any accredited university. The certificate can be taken full-time or part-time and can be completed in as little as eight months.
Are you a 2017 Trent graduate?
As a 2017 Trent grad, you qualify for direct admission to our new postgraduate certificate in Marketing & Entrepreneurship. No need to apply. Registering is easy – just send a confirmation email to email@example.com from your Trent University account. We will also waive the application fee.
Trent graduates are allowed to use a maximum of 1.0 of their previous credits towards the postgraduate certificate in Marketing & Entrepreneurship.
For more information about this special offer call 1-888-739-8885.
Offered at both Trent’s campuses in Peterborough and Durham, this intensive postgraduate certificate program is open to students who hold an undergraduate degree from any accredited university. The certificate can be taken full-time or part-time and can be completed in as little as one year.
This program will be of interest to recent graduates wishing to acquire good business acumen in the area of entrepreneurship and marketing. Graduates from sciences, social sciences, and the humanities will find the courses particularly engaging should they wish to start their own business, market an innovation, or patent a recent idea or product. The strategic implementation of ideas from the incubation phase to the marketplace is also explored.
The new postgraduate certificate in Marketing & Entrepreneurship at Trent covers such topics as entrepreneurship, marketing, branding, and advertising, which will provide graduates with the foundational tools to start a business, pursue a passion for research and innovation, or simply to improve marketability to potential employers.
To be eligible for this program, you must hold a degree from an accredited university. Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree with a planned completion before September are eligible.
Entry Term: September
Location: Available at the Durham Campus or Peterborough Campus
Duration: Available for full or part-time studies
Program Completion Requirements: Completion of 5.0 credits as specified
Application Deadline: Applications currently being accepted
Application Steps (if you are a Trent University Graduate see below for admission process):
Submit your application and $75.00 application fee online
Submit your official transcript verifying degree completion to the following:
1600 West Bank Dr.
Transcripts must come directly from the institution.
If your degree is in progress, you must submit a current transcript at time of application, and a final official transcript by August 15 to verify degree completion.
A transcript is not required for degrees completed at Trent University.
Application Steps for Trent Graduates:
If you are currently studying at Trent or are a recent graduate different procedures apply – email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest in the Marketing & Entrepreneurship Certificate and which campus you wish to attend (Durham or Peterborough).
Previous university courses that have been completed with a minimum grade of 65% will be automatically assessed for transfer credit. Only those courses pertaining to the Certificate will be evaluated and only 1.0 credits may be used towards completion of the Certificate. Students receiving credit will be advised to meet with an academic advisor. Courses completed more than 10 years ago are not eligible for transfer credit.
The Certificate program consists of the following 5.0 credits:
- 1.5 ADMN credits consisting of ADMN 2080H, 2100H, and 3420H
- 3.5 ADMN credits from ADMN 2010H, 3021H, 3150H, 3160H, 3170H, 3430H, 3441H, 3750H, or 3870H
- For individual course descriptions, see School of Business. Please consult the academic timetable, available at trentu.ca/timetable, for information on when courses will be scheduled in 2016/17.
- Transfer credit, up to a maximum of 1.0 assigned credit, may be awarded for the certificate. The courses for transfer credit may be from Trent or another accredited university provided a minimum grade of 60% has been achieved.
- ADMN 2010H: Management Skills
- ADMN 2080H: Managerial and Market Research
- ADMN 2100H: Intro to Marketing
- ADMN 3021H: Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- ADMN 3150H: Advertising
- ADMN 3160H: Branding
- ADMN 3170H: Introduction to Retail Marketing
- ADMN 3420H: Entrepreneurship
- ADMN 3430H: New Venture Planning and Design
- ADMN 3441H: Social Enterprise and Social Innovation
- ADMN-COIS 3750H: Online Marketing
- ADMN 3870H: Internship Level 1 - Optional Course with an additional $300 fee > for more information, see Internship Webpage
Ontario Secondary School Requirements
General Admission Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%