Major in Business Administration
As you proceed through the B.B.A. Program, it is important that you select your courses so that you will be able to complete the requirements for your major and degree (see below). Please refer to the current University Calendar for further information on degree requirements and relevant information about courses as it is the students' responsibility for ensuring the completion of degree requirements. Please note that a cumulative average of 65.0% is necessary to graduate with a B.B.A. degree.
Although it is preferable to complete the courses in the sequence outlined, you may choose to complete the required courses out of order, provided that all courses are completed and prerequisites are met.
In addition to the notes under the Business Administration Program, you must have the following university degree requirements:
- No more than seven one-hundred level credits
- At least seven credits at the three-hundred (or equivalent) and/or four-hundred level
- No more than one credit with 'D' standing in required (non-elective) courses
- At least three credits leading to majors in different disciplines
- Any course that is counted toward a specialization must have a minimum grade of 65%
- Half credit (0.5) in INDG. All undergraduate students beginning studies at Trent in Fall 2018 term or thereafter must complete at least 0.5 credit from the Approved Indigenous Course List as part of their University degree requirements. Individual courses that meet this requirement are designed by (ICR) after the title of the course.
Required Courses for Major following the 23/24 university calendar:
- ADMN 1000H Contemporary Issues in Management
- ADMN 1221H Financial Accounting
- ECON 1010H Microeconomics
- ECON 1020H Macroeconomics
- ECON 1250H Mathematics for Economics & Management - Taken in the Winter Term. (Can also be taken in the second year)
- 2.5 elective credits - your choice from any discipline
Note: Students specializing in accounting or finance might want to enroll in both ADMN-1000H and ADMN-1221H in the fall term of year 1 and ADMN-2010H and an additional second year required ADMN half credit in the winter term of year 1. This will leave appropriate space in the upper years to timetable the additional accounting and finance courses. Students specializing in accounting or human resources should consider enrolling in COIS 1010H Digital World and COIS 1620H Information Systems in first year.
- ADMN 2010H Management Skills
- ADMN 2100H Marketing
- ADMN 2220H Organizational Behaviour
- ADMN 2230H Human Resource Management
- ADMN 2510H Organization Theory
- ECON 2200H Statistics for Economics
- 2.0 elective credits - from any discipline, including Business
Note: Students specializing in accounting or finance should enroll in ADMN-3021H in second year. This will leave appropriate space in the upper years to timetable the additional accounting and finance courses. ADMN-3200H should be taken no later than fall of third year.
- ADMN 3021H Managerial Accounting
- ADMN 3200H Financial Management
- ADMN 3300H Personal Ethics in Organizations and Business
- 3.5 ADMN 3000 or 4000 level elective credit
- ADMN 4030H Strategic Management
- ADMN 4101H Thinking About Management
- 4.0 elective credits - from any discipline including ADMN
For course planning and academic advising, check out the School of Business advising website.
View the University calendar for more information.