As you proceed through the B.B.A. Program, it is important that you select your courses so that you will be able to complete the requirements for your major, specialization if you choose to add one and your 3 co-op work terms.
Co-op is an opportunity for students to gain work-integrated experiential learning that will help them get a head start on a career. The co-op programs offered by the School of Business assist graduating students in achieving a competitive edge while generating experience within a wide range of sectors. Co-op gives the students a chance to obtain 12 months of practical experience on the job, develop or enhance technical skills, explore career options, network with a variety of individuals and organizations, learn from mentors and tutors, enhance communication and presentation skills, and develop technical writing skills.
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including ENG 4U with a minimum grade of 60%, any 4U Math
- A minimum 80% overall final average to be considered (realistically the average will be closer to 90% to get into this very competitive program)
- Co-op is a competitive direct-entry program from high school with a limited number of student places.
For more detailed admission information click here.
Two co-op programs to choose from:
Bachelor of Business Administration – Business Co-op
- 10 spaces across both campuses for September 2023.
- Students could be interested in marketing, human resources, entrepreneurship, finance, management, information systems etc.
Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting Co-op
- 10 spaces across both campuses for September 2023
Business Co-op Schedule
|Year 1||Study Term 1||Study Term 2||Study Term 3|
|Year 2||Study Term 4||Work Term 1||Study Term 5|
|Year 3||Study Term 6||Work Term 2||Work Term 3|
|Year 4||Study Term 7||Study Term 8|
Accounting Co-op Schedule
|Year 1||Study Term 1||Study Term 2||No courses|
|Year 2||Study Term 3||Study Term 4||Study Term 5|
|Year 3||Study Term 6||Work Term 1||Work Term 2|
|Year 4||Study Term 7||Work Term 3||Study Term 8|
For both programs:
- Students will require a minimum cumulative average of 75% on their Trent courses to stay in the Program.
- Co-op work terms are 4 months in length and students complete 3 paid work terms. Work terms can be anywhere in Canada.
- For the Business coop, the first work term is January of second year.
- For the Accounting coop, students will be working towards their CPA designation and the first work term is January of third year.
- Co-ops are September entry only. No January entry. No second-year entry.
- You must be registered in the BBA Business or BBA Accounting Coop to apply for a co-op job/co-op work term. Your academic record in MyTrent will state if you are registered in a BBA co-op.
- View the University calendar for more information.
- For information on course selection by term