Trent Students are Members!
More than ever, it's important to find ways to keep ourselves moving and engaged in active, healthy daily routines that feed our bodies, and our minds, with positive energy.
Trent Athletics is committed to helping Trent students stay active and healthy, regardless of where you are. Whether it's joining an e-sport league, entering one of our weekly contests, or moving in a Pilates class, we are working hard to provide opportunities for you to stay well.
Get Involved. Be Active. Live Healthy. Wherever you are.
Our reopening plan, following all health and safety guidelines, is as follows and more details can be found on this page below:
- Athletics Centre (for individual work out zone bookings) will re-open Tuesday, February 16, 2021 for Trent students and staff and faculty with memberships with the following hours of operation:
- Monday to Friday – 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- The Allan Marshall Pool with a planned re-opening date of Monday, February 22 for Trent students and staff and faculty with memberships, as well as the Trent Swim Club and Kawartha Trent Synchro Club
- Excalibur varsity return to train sessions have a planned re-opening date of the week of February 22
- Fitness classes with a planned re-opening date of the week of February 22
Dedicated to the health and well-being of our students, Trent Athletics also continues to offer online programs and information sessions, including:
- Campus Recreation E-Sports
- Online trivia sessions
- Virtual fitness classes such as Pilates, meditation, and strength training
- Health and wellness virtual webinars and workshops. You can also view previous webinar sessions.
Stay well and we look forward to seeing you back at the Athletics Centre very soon! Together we are all One Excalibur!
Allan Marshall Pool Reopens for Lane Swims beginning Tuesday, February 23
Trent students and Staff/Faculty with memberships -- registration is now open online to begin booking your lane swims in our 25m pool beginning February 23. The Allan Marshall Pool will be closed on weekends, up to and including March 28. Lane swim times can be found by clicking here.
*NEW* Pilates on Demand -- Access 12 Free Pilates on Demand Videos
Missed some of our recent wellness webinars? Not a problem. Click here to view our library of health and wellness webinars, including: meditation, winter wellness tips, fighting fatigue, and digestive support, to name a few.
Friendly Reminder: Dress Code
We are here to help you achieve your goals and enjoy a safe and fun workout. For your safety and for facility maintenance reasons, appropriate exercise clothing and footwear is required for all participants while using program/workout areas.
Proper athletic wear that includes comfortable tops and bottoms suitable for your fitness regime. Clothing that expresses any profane or discriminating messages is prohibited.
Casual street clothes, jeans, cutoffs, and pants with zippers, belts, snaps, metal studs and other material on clothing that may damage equipment and upholstery are not permitted.
Indoor, clean athletic footwear must be worn. Bare feet, sandals, work boots, cleats, open-toe or dress shoes are not permitted. Shoes that are dirty or that leave marks on the floor or equipment are not acceptable.
When using the pool, all swimmers must change from street clothes to swimming attire. Swimming attire must allow individuals to participate safely in the water. T-shirts over swimsuits are permitted, however undergarments, cut offs, and other casual clothing is not.
Join or Start a Club
The Trent Central Student Association (TCSA) is committed to bringing about necessary educational, administrative and/or legislative changes in those areas affecting students. The TCSA also supports and sponsors more than 70 clubs and societies on campus, many of which are athletic or sport clubs.