Athletics Centre Advantage
The Trent Athletics Centre Advantage
Living your most fit life isn’t a concept reserved for professional athletes or personal trainers. At Trent Athletics, we believe wellness is for everyone – moms, grandparents, children, friends, family and co-workers.
When it comes to health and wellness, the Athletics Centre offers something no other community or university centre can – state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor facilities combined with access to the Otonabee River, diverse nature areas and kilometres of winding trails right at our doorstep. As an Athletics Centre member, you have access to it all.
Athletic Centre Highlights and Key Features
- 12,000 sq. ft. cardio loft and weight room
- State-of-the-art 28 ft high indoor climbing facility
- North America’s most advanced indoor rowing/paddling tank, the only combination training tank of its kind in the province
- Three squash courts including new international competitive squash court and two North American courts
- Warm therapy pool
- Expanded therapy clinic offering on-site physiotherapy, rehabilitation, and sports health services
- 25m competitive pool
- Family/accessible change room and varsity team change room, along with completely renovated men’s and women’s change rooms
- Two fitness studios, including new cycle fit facility
- Justin Chiu Stadium boasting artificial grass playing field, 405m all-purpose track, bleacher seating, media box, score clock and lighting
- Gymnasium, with basketball, volleyball and badminton courts
- Two beach volleyball courts
- Wildrock Outfitters Canoe Centre
- Wi-Fi equipped café
- Improved accessibility
Trent’s Most Sustainable Building
By achieving a silver rating through the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™, the renewed athletics facility is one of the most sustainable buildings at Trent and in the community. A LEED-designated building is environmentally sound and energy efficient and leaves as small an environmental footprint as possible.