Canoe Rentals for Groups
Please note that canoe rentals are currently closed for the season.
$35 per day (includes paddle and life jacket)
+ Lifeguard wages (see below)
Canoe Rental Conditions:
- An NLS Qualified lifeguard is present and the cost of their wage (at a rate of $18/hr) is covered by the renter and will remain with the group at all times. Number of lifeguards required is determined based on group size.
- PFDs must be worn by all participants while on the docks and on the water.
- Canoes must remain on the Otonabee River in the local area around Trent University, and cannot be transported to other areas.
- Ideally 2 people per canoe, maximum of 3 people per canoe when needed.
- There are 10 canoes available for rental by a group
- Renters must respect the rights of private property owners, and other river users.
- Do not swim or dive from the canoes.
- Alcohol and smoking/vaping are prohibited in the canoes.
- Remain seated while in the canoes.
- Canoes must be handled carefully when entering and exiting the water to avoid damage.
Replacement costs if equipment is lost or damaged:
- Canoe: $1,000
- Paddle: $50
- PFD: $40
- Safety Kit: $25
To inquire about renting canoes for your group from the Trent Athletics Centre, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com