Facilities and Features
Sport, recreation, and wellness are at the heart of our university community. The Trent Athletics Centre offers something no other community or university centre can -- state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor facilities combined with access to the Otonabee River, diverse nature aras and kilometres of winding trails right at our doorstep.
Stepping inside the Athletics Centre, Trent students and community members have access to a fully-equipped cardio loft and weight room overlooking the Otonabee River, and specialty features such as the indoor climbing wall and state-of-the-art indoor rowing/paddling tank. The Trent Athletics Centre offers an unparalleled sport and recreation experience.
All Trent students who are enrolled at the Trent Peterborough campus automatically have a membership at the Athletics Centre. Members of Trent's staff & faculty and the local community are invited to be a part of the Trent Excalibur family by becoming a member of the Trent Athletics Centre.
An Athletics Centre membership includes:
- FREE consultation and orientation to the Sport Centre and equipment with a qualified fitness staff
- Sport Centre and Life Fitness cardio and strength equipment.
- Unlimited access to group fitness classes to suit all fitness levels.
- Specialty features such as the indoor climbing wall, rowing tank, and squash courts.
- A variety of outdoor facilities - beach volleyball courts, artificial grass stadium field, track, hiking trails and baseball diamond.
- Member rates on registered programs (Please note: children must be registered in a membership to receive the member rate)
- Change rooms (men, women and all gender/accessible) with day-use lockers and sauna
- 12 guest passes to share with friends or family.
- Locker rental and towel service options to purchase.
- Complimentary Parking for all community members, Trent alumni (who are not Trent staff) and Trent Retirees.