"Trent helped me to come out of my shell a lot; the environment here was very encouraging and I made a lot of new friends that encouraged me to do what I wanted to, and that really helped with me deciding to apply to Law school."
Law & Arts / Law & Business: Trent/Swansea Dual Degree (LL.B. & B.A./B.B.A.)
Not only will you graduate with two degrees in just six years, but you’ll also have the chance to take your education global while you learn, travel, explore, and live abroad.
“When I first heard about this program I felt like it was basically designed for me. It had everything I was looking for. The dual degree offers a really interesting way to study abroad while pursuing my dreams of law.”
Alexis Rudat, Law & Arts (Philosophy
If a career in law is what you want, this is the program for you. In this one-of-a-kind program, you will undertake either a Bachelor of Arts Honours or a Bachelor of Business Administration degree at Trent – Ontario’s #1 undergrad university, while also obtaining a law degree from Swansea University’s renowned Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law in the UK – no need to write the LSATs.
How the Program Works
The first two years of your degree take place at Trent, where you’ll pursue your choice of 14 degree options. In third year, you’ll transfer to the coastal city of Swansea in Wales to complete three years of law studies, earning your Bachelor of Laws degree. Once your LL.B. is complete, you’ll return to Trent to complete your Honours degree credentials. By simultaneously taking several Canadian Law courses in your final year at Trent, you’ll be well-prepared for the National Committee on Accreditation (NCA) exams, enabling you to take the required steps to practice law in Canada.
Degree Program Options
Business Administration*; Canadian Studies; Cultural Studies; Economics; English Literature*; Environmental & Resource Studies; Gender & Women’s Studies; History*; Indigenous Studies; International Development Studies; Media Studies*; Philosophy*; Political Studies; Sociology*
* degree option offered at both Peterborough and Trent Durham GTA campuses
- B.A. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Combining your law degree with your choice of B.A. or B.B.A. degree means that you will graduate with a unique set of skills and perspectives
- Meet and learn from top law professionals through our Visiting Lawyers in Residence program
- Join the Trent Law Society and benefit from field trips, workshops, and events, all with a focus on law and the legal system
- History of Incarceration
- Justice and Rights
- The legal Environment of Business
- Law, Rights, and Development
- Philosophy of Law
- Criminal Code
- Local Dynamics of Change
- Global Migration
- Government and Politics in the Middle East
- Policy Analyst
- Law Clerk
- International Development Officer