Important Dates and Deadlines
- Offers of Admission
- Scholarships & Bursaries
- Tuition & Fees
- Course Registration
- New Student Orientation
- Program-Specific Deadlines
Ontario Secondary Students starting in September
*All programs except Nursing and Education
- Early Offers for Top Scholars – December
- Round 1 Offers – Early February
- Round 2 Offers – Mid-March
- Round 3 Offers – Early May
All Other Applicants
Offers of Admission will be extended to all other qualified applicants on a rolling basis. Timing of Offers is dependent on receipt of required documentation.
Nursing and Education Programs
- Round 1 Offers – Mid-March
- Round 2 Offers – early May
- Round 3 Offers – N/A
Renewable Entrance Scholarships:
All Canadian students studying full-time in a Canadian high school that are admitted with an average of 80 or higher to an undergraduate program are automatically awarded an entrance scholarship.
There is no deadline and no application form required.
Find out more about entrance scholarships.
Any Canadian students studying full-time in a Canadian high school entering Trent with an admission average of 80% or higher may apply for one of the Trent University Prestigious Scholarships that reward achievements in areas such as academic excellence, leadership and community engagement.
The deadline for application is April 1, 2018.
An application is required.
Students with demonstrated financial need can apply to the numerous bursary options available at Trent.
The application deadline for entrance bursaries for new Trent students is June 30, 2018.
To find out more information about on- or off-campus housing, visit our Housing website.
- Tuition deposit due: June 22, 2018
- First instalment of tuition due: September 2018
- Second and final instalment due: January 2019
- Full tuition for first-time Trent students, or those returning after a break in their studies, is due mid-December.
- Full tuition due late-April for any student taking spring or summer courses.
For more information, visit Financial Payment Deadlines.
Students can register for courses through the "Academic Record" tab in their myTrent account. Typically course registration opens to new students:
- January Start students: mid-December
- Spring/Summer Start students: early March
- Fall Start students: Late June, 2018
Summer Orientation sessions are held throughout the summer, and are an opportunity for new students to visit campus for a day and attend a variety of presentations and information sessions designed to help new students and their families with their transition to university.
2018 Dates coming soon!
To learn more and to register visit the Summer Orientation page.
Bring it On!
The Bring it On! Program provides students with a chance to learn and build strategies for academic and social success through participating in a wide variety of interactive and fun activities with other first year students new to Trent! The program takes place in the summer before students begin school in September.
2018 Dates coming soon!
The 2018 Orientation Week dates are Sunday September 2 until Saturday September 8.
Orientation Week is YOUR first week at Trent University. You will have the opportunity to become acquainted with your affiliated college, meet an enthusiastic group of upper-year students, become accustomed to your new academic setting, attend various academic seminars to get a sneak peek at the available courses, and meet with various student services and faculty for academic advising and guidelines.
Orientation Week is the perfect opportunity for you to become part of the Trent community. Take the chance to learn about your new school, surroundings and peers and make the most out of your time at Trent.
- Teacher Education Stream: The Applicant Profile is due within 2 weeks of applying on OUAC. Submit your Applicant Profile online through your myTrent portal account under the "Academics" tab. Please note that it will take up to 24 hours for your Applicant Profile to appear on your myTrent portal after activating your account.
- Consecutive Bachelor of Education: The B.Ed Profile of Experience is due within 2 weeks of applying on TEAS.