Important Dates and Deadlines
As you progress through your application at Trent, please keep these key dates in mind:
- Offers of Admission
- Scholarships & Bursaries
- Tuition & Fees
- Course Registration
- New Student Orientation
Ontario Secondary Students starting in September
*All programs except Bachelor of Education and Nursing:
- Round 1 Offers – Early December
- Round 2 Offers – Early February
- Round 3 Offers – Mid-March
- Round 4 Offers – Early May
- If you do not receive an offer in May, we will review your final grades in July and make an admission decision at that time
The first round of the Bachelor of Education offers are sent February 1, 2024.
All Other Applicants: Offers of Admission will be extended to all other qualified applicants on a rolling basis. Timing of offers is dependent on receipt of required documentation.
Renewable Entrance Scholarships:
All Canadian students studying full-time in a Canadian high school that are admitted with an average of 80% or higher to an undergraduate program are automatically awarded an entrance scholarship.
There is no deadline and no application form required.
Any Canadian students studying full-time in a Canadian high school entering Trent with an admission average of 80% or higher may apply for one of the Trent University Prestigious Scholarships that reward achievements in areas such as academic excellence, leadership and community engagement.
The deadline for application is April 1, 2024.
An application is required.
Students with demonstrated financial need can apply to the numerous bursary options available at Trent.
The application deadline for entrance bursaries for new Trent students is July 30, 2024.
To find out more information about on- or off-campus housing, visit our Housing website.
- Tuition deposit ($500 for domestic students; $2,500 for international students) is due June 15, 2024. Learn about how to pay tuition fees using your Trent Student ID as your account number.
- First instalment of tuition due: mid-August 2024
- Second and final instalment due: January 2025
- Full tuition for first-time Trent students, or those returning after a break in their studies, is due mid-December.
- Full tuition due late-April for any student taking spring or summer courses.
Students can register for courses through the "Academic Record" tab in their myTrent account. Typically course registration opens to new students:
- January Start students: mid-October
- Spring/Summer Start students: early-March
- Fall Start students: mid-June
To get all important Orientation dates check out our Orientation Dates & Deadlines timeline.
Summer Orientation sessions are held throughout the summer, and are an opportunity for new students to visit campus for a day and attend a variety of presentations and information sessions designed to help new students and their families with their transition to university.
Bring it On!
The Bring it On! Program provides students with a chance to learn and build strategies for academic and social success through participating in a wide variety of interactive and fun activities with other first year students new to Trent! The program takes place in the summer before students begin school in September.
To learn more and to register visit the Bring it On! page.
Orientation Week is YOUR first week at Trent University. You will have the opportunity to become acquainted with your affiliated college, meet an enthusiastic group of upper-year students, become accustomed to your new academic setting, attend various academic seminars to get a sneak peek at the available courses, and meet with various student services and faculty for academic advising and guidelines.
Orientation Week is the perfect opportunity for you to become part of the Trent community. Take the chance to learn about your new school, surroundings and peers and make the most out of your time at Trent.
Visit our Orientation site for more details.