Mature Student Requirements
Like all students at Trent University, mature students are an important part of the Trent Community.
Mature students must:
- Be 21 years or older as of the first day of classes of the session to which you have applied
- Have been out of any secondary or post-secondary institution for at least two years as of the date of entering Trent
- Not eligible for admission consideration under other admission requirements
- Can demonstrate academic potential through professional, volunteer activities or other related accomplishments
Please note the completion of the minimum requirements above do not guarantee admission to any course, program or department at the university.
Mature Student Application Steps
Mature student applicants must submit their application online through OUAC within the following timeframes:
OUAC Application Deadlines
|Winter Term*||Mid December|
|Fall Term||Late August|
*please note not all programs and courses are offered in winter and summer terms.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your application.
2. OUAC Application
All applications for undergraduate studies at Trent University must go through OUAC (www.ouac.on.ca/105). Please refer to the OUAC website for full application fee information.
Mature students require the following documentation for admissions:
- Official post-secondary transcripts (if you have attended a post-secondary institution)
- Secondary transcript (only if attended within the last 5 years)
- Language Proficiency Requirements for International Students
- The Mature Student Supplementary Application (available on your myTrent portal under the 'Academics' tab)
- Resume and letters of reference (optional)
After reviewing your application and supporting documentation, the Admissions Office may request an interview to discuss the combination of your educational and professional experience.
If you have a diagnosed physical, learning or psychiatric disability, you may want to contact the Student Accessibility Services.