University Transfer Student
Trent is the most transfer-credit friendly university in Ontario.
Completing a university degree opens doors and expands your options. With many transfer agreements and flexible pathway options, Trent University is a leader in helping students achieve degree completion goals.
- Applicants who have completed at least one semester in an accredited Canadian university, with a cumulative average of 65% (2.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0) will be considered for admission to Trent University
The following programs require a higher minimum average for admission:
- Bachelor of Arts & Science (BAS) 70%
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 65%
- Bachelor of Environmental Science/Studies (BESS) 70%
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (BScN) 70%*
- Bachelor of Science, Forensic Science (BScFs) 70%*
- Biomedical Science (BSc) 70%
- Kinesiology (BHSc) 70%
- Law & Arts: Trent/Swansea Dual Degree (LLB & BA) 80%
- Teacher Education Stream (BA or BSc) 70%
- A minimum grade of 60% is required in any university course to be considered for course-by-course transfer credit assessment
- Up to a maximum of 10 credits (two years of full-time study) may be applied to an undergraduate degree at Trent University
You can search Trent's transfer credit database here. Please note: If you do not see your course listed in the transfer credit database, it probably means that we have not had an opportunity to previously evaluate your course for a transfer credit equivalency. You may be request to submit course syllabi.