- Make a difference in the local community through a final-year capstone project, allowing you to develop and refine communications, team-building, and critical thinking skills.
- Take courses that teach high demand and long-lasting skills that help you manage complex projects, work well with others, and write clearly and persuasively.
- Undertake hands-on projects (like podcasts and social media analyses) in courses that will also put your presentation skills to the test.
This unit group includes specialists in advertising, marketing and public relations who analyse, develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, analyse advertising needs and develop appropriate advertising and marketing plans, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, advertising agencies, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
- Project Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Communications Strategist
- Research Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Content Creator
- Development Officer
- Public Relations Specialist
- Becoming Digital
- Write in Time
- Workplace Communication
- Capstone Project Course
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where urban vibe meets close-knit community.Visit Trent Durham GTA
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch