Conservation Biology* (Co-Op or Placement Option)
Study the science behind conserving the world’s wildlife
Some of the world’s most vital organisms and wildlife are at risk. Future leaders, like you, are needed to create innovative solutions to counteract the growing loss of wildlife and their habitat. In this program – the only one of its kind in Ontario – you will study the science behind the decline of biological diversity to better understand the solutions to this worldwide crisis. Studying everything from lichens on a tree to elephants, whales and everything in between, as a student in this program you will have the chance to learn about a variety of species and organisms and delve into everything from population dynamics to the current threats to their existence and ways to preserve and protect the environment they call home.
Through this program’s interactive co-op and placement options, you will also have the opportunity to take all that you learn in the lecture and lab into the real world, working alongside leading organizations, agencies and researchers in the field of Conservation Biology. Get hands-on, valuable experience working with groups like the Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry, Nature Conservancy Canada, Metro Toronto Zoo, Parks Canada and more.
*Pending Ministry approval.
- B.Sc. Co-op Option (5-year degree)
- B.Sc. Placement Option (4-year degree)
The Trent Advantage
- Gain a career advantage through our competitive five-year co-op option, providing you with the opportunity to undertake three paid work terms with leading conservation organizations and agencies
- Get hands-on experience through the four-year placement option and spend the last eight months of your degree getting practical, real-world experience in the field of Conservation Biology
- Benefit from the Department’s unique on-campus partnership and connection with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, enhancing interactions in teaching and research
- Learn alongside the top leading professors and researchers in the field while completing your undergraduate degree
- Conservation Biology
- Biology of Invasions
- Population Dynamics
- Advanced Ecology
- Species-at-Risk Biologist
- Environmental Lawyer
- Research Scientist
- Zoo Biologist
- Ecological Consultant
- Conservation Manager