- Learn advanced chemical techniques with access to advanced instrumentation and world-leading facilities, including Trent’s Water Quality Centre, home to one of the leading mass spectrometry apparatuses in Canada and the world
- Gain practical work experience through placements with environmental agencies or businesses.
- Lead your own undergraduate research project diving into contemporary topics including emerging contaminants, greenhouse gas emissions, and carbon sequestration
- Work with the latest analytical and scientific tools and field methods in Trent’s 11 on-campus nature areas and modern lab facilities
Geoscientists include geologists, geochemists and geophysicists who conduct programs of exploration and research to extend knowledge of the structure, composition and processes of the earth, to locate, identify and extract hydrocarbon, mineral and groundwater resources and to assess and mitigate the effects of development and waste disposal projects on the environment. Oceanographers conduct programs of exploration and research on ocean processes and phenomena, biological, chemical and physical characteristics of oceans, interactions with atmospheric and geological environments and impacts of human activity on oceans and marine ecosystems. Geoscientists are employed by petroleum and mining companies, consulting geology, geophysics and engineering firms and by governments and educational institutions, or they may be self-employed. Oceanographers are employed by governments, educational institutions and private companies engaged in exploration of seafloor deposits and seafarming areas, or they may be self-employed.
- Environmental Assessment Analyst
- Environmental Auditor
- Water Treatment Chemist
- Environmental Consultant
- Policy Advisor
- Pollution Control Engineer
- Government Scientist
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Limnology and Oceanography
- Environmental Air Pollution
- Environmental Toxicology
- Aquatic Geochemistry
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch