"The thing with biology is that there is still so much that we have yet to learn. It's a field with a lot of opportunities and a lot of variety for subjects that you can study."
The study of biology probes the entire diversity of life, from molecules to global ecosystems. Biology is central to understanding the most pressing of today’s concerns, from managing the spread of infectious diseases to feeding a planet of seven billion people. Through lectures, labs and fieldwork on Trent’s ecologically diverse campus, you will learn the underlying theories and concepts of biology and apply them to real questions and challenges, gaining the knowledge to solve the problems we face every day.
- B.Sc. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Choose to specialize in Health Sciences or Conservation Biology
- Work alongside faculty in the department and collaborating scientists at the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Participate in the Ontario Universities Program in Field Biology, in which you may choose to engage in a varied selection of field courses held in Canada or around the world
- Conservation Biology
- Medical Entomology
- Fish Ecology
- Field Courses
- Bioinformation Specialist
- Bio- Medical Sales Representative
- Conservation Biologist
- Genetic Councilier
- Research Scientist