Received An Offer
Congratulations! At Trent, you are joining an inclusive community dedicated to collaboration and interaction among students, professors, and across disciplines. Here, you will expand your thinking, gain valuable skills, create lifelong friendships, and open the door to a world of possibility.
Your offer of admission will appear on your MyTrent and if applicable, on OUAC account. Your Offer of Admission letter and Letter of Acceptance will be sent to you by email and posted to your MyTrent.
STEP 1: Review and Respond to our Admission Offer
- Review your admission letters: it is important that you review your admission letters right away to ensure that your personal biographical data is correct. Also, please pay special attention to your Letter of Acceptance (LOA) and information provided in it. If applicable, admission conditions stated in your admission letters must be met as soon as possible and by the start of classes at the latest. Estimated Tuition Fee on LOA is for winter / fall terms.
- Respond to your Offer of Admission: It is important that you respond to your offer of admission as soon as you can. Please review the table below for recommended admission response and tuition deposit deadlines.
If you used a “direct” application, you should email your response (accept or decline an offer) to our Admissions Office.
If you applied through the OUAC (105 or 101 applications), you should post your decision on your OUAC account.
ADMISSIONS RESPONSE AND TUITION DEPOSIT ($2,500 CAD) DEADLINES*
|ADMISSIONS RESPONSE AND TUITION DEPOSIT DEADLINE
|Spring: April - ESL Only
|Summer: May - UG Only
|Summer: July - ESL Only
*some programs may require an early response. 101 students are expected to reply by June 1 at the latest.
If receiving an admission offer past these deadlines, respond to the offer and submit a tuition deposit as soon as possible.
STEP 2: Apply for your Study Permit
If you accept Trent’s admission offer, we encourage you to apply for your study permit as soon as possible. Your Letter of Acceptance has been specifically designed for Canadian immigration authorities. Apply online for your study permit through Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC).
STEP 3: Explore Your Program and Academic Dates
- Explore the program of your admission as well as other academic options and courses that you may be able to pursue. Visit the program website or review the Academic Calendar to learn more about your particular program(s) and other possible academic options.
- Interested in learning when classes start and end? Last date to register for courses? What each program has to offer? You will find this information and much more in the Academic Calendar.
STEP 4: Know Finances and Scholarships
- You will need to submit a tuition deposit of $2,500 CAD to secure your place at Trent University. Normally, the deposit must be submitted within two weeks of acceptance of admission offer and by the tuition deposit deadline. There are different ways to submit a payment. Visit the Financial Services website for specific information.
- Fees are paid per academic term and are due prior to the start of classes. Visit the Financial Services website for information on fees, payment deadlines, refund policies and much more.
- Interested in learning about scholarship opportunities? We are proud of our long history of supporting outstanding international students through our Global Citizen Scholarship Program.
STEP 5: Explore our Residences
- At our Peterborough campus, everyone is a part of a college, regardless of whether you commute to campus or live in a residential college. It’s your home away from home: a place to make friends, participate in events that will inspire and motivate you, get support and academic advice, connect with faculty outside of the classroom, and a whole lot more. Learn more about our Oxfordbased Residential college system and benefits of being a member!
- Interested in learning about your potential living space? Visit the Housing website for more information.
- For our Durham campus, students can choose to live on-campus in addition to having residence partnership options with Durham College and UOIT. Visit the Durham campus Residences and Housing website for more information.
STEP 6: Discover Your Future Student Life
University is so much more than just academics! Learn about how you can get involved in Trent’s clubs, groups, sports, and leadership programs, and what Peterborough and Durham have to offer to help you make the most of your university years.
STEP 7: Connect With Us
- If you have the chance, visit Trent to find out why it might be a great fit for you. In addition to Open House events scheduled several times a year, we offer campus tours daily and on some Saturdays in Peterborough, and as requested at our Durham campus.
- Our Trent Advantage Webinars is another great source to learn about Trent.