- Selecting & Registering for Courses
- Registration Deadlines
- Waitlisted Courses and Approved Limited Enrolment Courses 2018-19
Please follow the Course Selection and Registration five-step process created by our Academic Advising team to help you select and register for your courses.
Key Documents & Tools
- Registration for all courses is done through myTrent, under the Academics tab.
- To start your course selection for registration, review the Academic Calendar for information on your program and degree requirements.
- A list of the courses, course descriptions, and dates/times available can be found in the Academic Timetable. It is important to note that not all courses are offered each year. If the course is not listed in the Academic Timetable, then it is not being offered for the current term.
- During the Fall/Winter term your individual timetable can be created using Visual Schedule Builder (VSB). This tool is not available for the Summer term as there are not as many classes offered.
Indigenous Course Requirement
Please visit the Indigenous Course Requirement website to learn more.
*You will not be permitted to drop courses after this date. You will remain registered and will receive a final grade. Information on refunds for dropped courses/complete withdrawals can be found at Student Accounts. For a more comprehensive list of dates for the full academic year, visit Important Dates & Deadlines.
|Deadline||Fall 2018||Fall/Winter 2018-19||Winter 2019|
|Classes Start||September 6||
Fall September 6
Winter January 7
|Final date to add courses||September 20||September 20||January 21|
|*Final date to drop courses without academic penalty||November 6||February 7||March 8|
|Reading Break||October 22-26||
December 24-January 2
|Classes End||December 5||
Fall December 5
Winter April 5
|Exam Period||December 7-19||
Fall December 7-19
Winter April 8-24
Any course that is listed in Approved Limited Enrolment Courses 2018-19, will have a waitlist once the enrolment limit is reached. As space becomes available in the course, the first waitlisted student will receive an email offer of an available spot and will have a 72 hour (3 day) window in which to register for the course in myTrent.
The email offering a spot is sent to Trent University student email accounts only. Check your email often if you are waitlisted for a course. If you are offered a spot and do not enroll by the deadline, the spot will be offered to the next waitlisted student and you will be removed from the waitlist. Your email offer of a spot will include instructions on how to register for the course.
You may view your waitlist standing in myTrent, under Academics > Courses > Waitlists.
Your waitlist status will be one of the following.
- A numerical ranking of your position on the waitlist (e.g. 3/14).
- Permission to register when space has been offered.