Key Documents & Tools
- Registration for all courses is done through myTrent, under the Register tab.
- To start your course selection for registration, review the Academic Calendar for information on your program and degree requirements.
- A list of the courses, course descriptions, and dates/times available can be found in the Academic Timetable. It is important to note that not all courses are offered each year. If the course is not listed in the Academic Timetable, then it is not being offered for the current term.
- During the Fall/Winter term your individual timetable can be created using Student Planning through Self Service. How to Access Self-Service: Go to your myTrent > click Register > and then Self-Service. (Resources for Self Service can be found on the Academic Advising page, under Video Tutorials.)
Indigenous Course Requirement
Please visit the Indigenous Course Requirement website to learn more.
*You will not be permitted to drop courses after this date. You will remain registered and will receive a final grade. Information on refunds for dropped courses/complete withdrawals can be found at Student Accounts site. For a more comprehensive list of dates for the full academic year, visit Important Dates & Deadlines.
Fall September 7
Winter January 8
|Final date to add courses
|*Final date to drop courses without academic penalty
December 22-January 2
Fall December 6
Winter April 5
Fall December 8-21
Winter April 8-21
Any course that is listed in Approved Limited Enrolment Courses will have a waitlist once the enrolment limit is reached. As space becomes available in the course, the first waitlisted student will receive an email offer of an available spot and will have a 72 hour (3 day) window in which to register for the course in myTrent.
The email offering a spot is sent to Trent University student email accounts only. Check your email often if you are waitlisted for a course. If you are offered a spot and do not enroll by the deadline, the spot will be offered to the next waitlisted student and you will be removed from the waitlist. Your email offer of a spot will include instructions on how to register for the course.
You may view your waitlist standing in Self-Service which can be found on the myTrent portal, under Academics → Self-Service.
Your waitlist status will be one of the following:
- A numerical ranking of your position on the waitlist (e.g. 3/14).
- Permission to register when space has been offered.
Who do I contact if I don't get in a waitlisted course when classes start?
Contact the Academic Department offering the course you are waitlisted for to inquire about the likelihood of additional spaces opening up in the course. You may need to consider adding this course to your plans for course selection in a future semester.