Verification of Enrolment
A Verification of Enrolment (VOE) serves as an official copy of your registration as a full-time or part-time undergraduate student at Trent University. This document includes your name, student number, program, how many credits you have completed to-date and how many in which you are currently registered. It also clearly states your full-time or part-time status, as well as in which year of your program you are, based on credits. The VOE bears the signature of the University Registrar and the official university seal.
- Proof of Registration
- Full-Time Letter/Registration Letter
- Proof of Attendance
- Proof of Student Status
- Any combination or similar terms to the above
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Bank for a Student Chequing Account or Student Line of Credit
- Insurance provider
- Government agency such as Service Canada (CPP benefits)
- High school scholarship committees or other non-Trent scholarships
- Third-party funding sources including, band funding, private funding, etc.
Some institutions will specifically ask for a VOE from the school. If this is the case, then ordering a VOE is the best way to proceed. However, in some cases you may not need an official document. Please review the cost free alternatives below.
- Trent student card
- A print out of your timetable (found in myTrent)
- A print out of your Statement of Account showing tuition fees charged and paid
- A copy of your unofficial transcript (found in myTrent)
You can order your VOE through an online form available in myTrent under Register → Verification → Verification of Enrolment. There is a $16.00 charge. We have received reports of students encountering issues when making payments using Google Chrome. Please try a different browser to complete your request. For each additional copy of the same year, in the same request, it is an additional $1.00 (e.g. if you order 2 copies of 2019-20 it will cost $17.00). If you would like to order two separate years, each year will need to be ordered on its own form with a cost of $16.00 per year. Each VOE document covers a single academic year. You can pay for your order with VISA, Mastercard, American Express or VISA Debit.
Declaration of Attendance
- Declaration of Attendance requests made before the upcoming Fall/Winter academic year will reflect registration from the previous Fall/Winter academic year. Requests for the upcoming Fall/Winter academic year will not be processed until classes begin in September. This letter is most commonly needed for the Canada Pension Plan (Service Canada).
Potential Graduation Letter
- If you have received confirmation that you are potentially eligible to graduate, this letter confirms your name, intended degree and the anticipated date that the degree will be conferred by Senate. The letter bears the signature of the University Registrar and the official university seal.
- This is an official letter that confirms that you have successfully graduated from Trent University. The letter will include the date that your degree was conferred, as well as your program and degree name. The letter bears the signature of the University Registrar and the official university seal.
VOE requests made online through myTrent are typically printed the next business day under regular volumes. You can check the status of your VOE by logging into myTrent → Register → Undergraduate Verification of Enrolment Request. Look for the date in the Date Produced box. If no date appears, then your VOE request is still being processed.
Mail or Pick Up
The VOE is stamped with the official university seal, so it cannot be faxed or emailed.
Your VOE will be mailed out via regular Canada Post. For expected delivery time to your address based on its departure from Peterborough please visit the Canada Post website. If you urgently need your VOE, in the order form there are two expedited options under “Pickup Option” which are Courier - Domestic ($20.00) or Courier - International ($75.00).