Verification of Enrolment
A Verification of Enrolment (VOE) serves as an official copy of your registration as a full-time or part-time undergraduate student at Trent University. This document includes your name, student number, program, how many credits you have completed to-date and how many in which you are currently registered. It also clearly states your full-time or part-time status, as well as in which year of your program you are, based on credits. The VOE bears the signature of the University Registrar and the official university seal.
- Also Known As
- Why You Might Need VOE
- How to Order
- What is the Cost
- Request Time
- Document Options
- Proof of Registration
- Full-Time Letter/Registration Letter
- Proof of Attendance
- Proof of Student Status
- Any combination or similar terms to the above
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Bank for a Student Chequing Account or Student Line of Credit
- Insurance provider
- Government agency such as Service Canada (CPP benefits)
- High school scholarship committees or other non-Trent scholarships
- Third-party funding sources including, band funding, private funding, etc.
Some institutions will specifically ask for a VOE from the school. If this is the case, then ordering a VOE is the best way to proceed. However, in some cases you may not need an official document. Please review the cost free alternatives below.
- Trent student card
- A print out of your timetable (found in myTrent)
- A print out of your Statement of Account showing tuition fees charged and paid
- A copy of your unofficial transcript (found in myTrent)
Please note, VOE letters will not be issued if there are outstanding financial obligations to Trent University.
1. Log into your myTrent Account
- Log in to your myTrent account, select the Verification of Enrolment option, and submit your request.
2. Wait to receive an email notification
- Wait to receive an email notification from MyCreds™ when your Verification of Enrolment is ready to be shared.
3. Log in to MyCreds™
- Log in to your secure account on the MyCreds™ Learner Portal with your Trent University username and password.
4. Purchase share Credits
- Purchase share credits from MyCreds™ to view your Verification of Enrolment and authorize the release of your Verification of Enrolment to your chosen destination.
The fee for each Verification of Enrolment share credit is $16, plus tax.
Payments will be required for each document share that they make with the recipient(s) of their choice, or when they download their document in PDF file format.
All purchases made within MyCreds™ will require your residential address and your billing address associated with your payment card to meet Canada Revenue Agency requirements. Your billing address postal code must match the postal code associated with your bank’s payment card, otherwise your payment will be rejected.
The MyCreds™ Learner portal accepts all common credit card brands as method of payment. Payment is made directly to MyCreds™ and is non-refundable. After purchase, you will see a purchase confirmation notice on the screen, and you will also receive an email confirmation. MyCreds™ is owned by the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC); you will see MyCreds™ or ARUCC on communications and credit card statements.
Requests are processed daily, and students can expect to receive the link to their digital document within one business day.
Declaration of Attendance
- Declaration of Attendance requests made before the upcoming Fall/Winter academic year will reflect registration from the previous Fall/Winter academic year. Requests for the upcoming Fall/Winter academic year will not be processed until classes begin in September. This letter is most commonly needed for the Canada Pension Plan (Service Canada).
Potential Graduation Letter
- If you have received confirmation that you are potentially eligible to graduate, this letter confirms your name, intended degree and the anticipated date that the degree will be conferred by Senate. The letter bears the signature of the University Registrar and the official university seal.
- This is an official letter that confirms that you have successfully graduated from Trent University. The letter will include the date that your degree was conferred, as well as your program and degree name. The letter bears the signature of the University Registrar and the official university seal.