Drops, Withdrawals & Refunds
- Summer 2021 Refund Schedule
- Fall 2020/Winter 2021 Refund Schedule
- Summer 2020 Refund Schedule
- Bachelor of Education Students - 2017 - 2020 Refund Schedule
Refundable Undergraduate Tuition Deposit for Fall 2020- The claim deadline is closed.
- Refunds - International Students
- Refunds - Domestic Students
- Transfer Money from your Student Account to your Campus Card
- Overpayment on Account - OSAP, Trent Scholarship or Bursary
- Withdrawn Students
- Visa/Study Permit Denial Refund Request
- Residence and Withdrawing from the University
- Archived Refund Schedules
The refund tables outline the percentage at certain dates during the academic year at which credit is calculated for full withdrawal from the University or for a course drop by a part-time student. The actual amount of refund will depend on the amount of fees actually paid. The refund schedule assumes that all fees are paid. Student Association and Organization Fees are not refundable by the University.
Peterborough home location students who drop courses but remain in at least 2.0 credits per term pay a flat billing rate and do not receive a refund for the dropped courses. Students dropping courses and registered in fewer than 1.5 credits will receive credit in accordance with the refund schedule, and the drop date.
- Refunds can take 3-4 weeks for processing
- $25.00 refund administration fee will be charged per refund transaction.
- The University does not reimburse third parties and will issue a refund only to students (excluding sponsored students).
Payments received by Trent University from outside of Canada will be returned by wire transfer to the originating source outside of Canada. Payments received through Western Union (WU) are returned through Western Union to originating source and payments received by Flywire are returned through Flywire to originating source.
Summary of WU Refund Process:
- Send refund request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student number and reason for the refund request. Be sure to indicate REFUND REQUEST in the subject line of the email.
- The refund request is reviewed by Student Accounts.- Approved refunds - are submitted to Western Union to initiate the refund process.
- Western Union (WU) refunds - Refunds may be processed directly to your international bank account using the original instruction you provided with your payment or you will receive a time-senstive email from Western Union with instructions. As we are unable to predetermine which option your refund will follow, we ask that you watch you your email, including your junk or spam folder or watch your bank account. If you receive an email from Western Union and did not respond before it’s expiry, please contact Student Accounts email@example.com to request a new link.
- If you receive an email from Western Union and have submitted the required information, Trent will be notified and final approval added. Refunds can take 1-30 days to process depending on currency and whether additional documentation is required for WU compliance.
- If WU contacts you for additional documentation please respond quickly to ensure your refund can be completed timely.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Refund Request (Student#), Body of the Email: Your full name, student number and reason for your request
- Enter your banking information on the Self Service Student Finance icon found in the myTrent portal. Please note, though you are asked for an address on this icon, it is not necessary to successfully process your refund.
- Preferred method of refund is EFT. Refunds are generally processed within 1 – 2 weeks but can take longer if the payment is rejected or returned. When this happens, the university will communicate to students to try and resolve. To locate the required banking details, we have provided information for the following banking apps
- Payments received by credit card. Refunds are issued back to the credit card payment originated from. Credit card refunds can take 3-4 weeks for processing.
- Students not attending or withdrawing and receiving a refund will have the refund processed within 45 days of the withdrawal date.
- Tuition deposits are ; Full-time students $500.00, Part-time students $150.00
- Tuition forfeiture fee will be billed to all accounts, see Academic Calendar Page 497, Notes section.
- Residence forfeiture fee will be applied to accounts as per the Housing Office and residence contract.
- Refunds of residence fees are subject to the terms of your residence contract.
- Dropping a course or withdrawing from the University doesn't automatically cancel your residence reservation or your residence contract. Contact the Housing Office for more information.
Accounts with a credit balance or overpayment can request a transfer from their student account to their Campus Card by
- Visiting the Student Accounts Office in person, Blackburn Hall Suite 114
- Email Student Accounts
Refunds of awards or OSAP, log into your MyTrent portal. Go to the Finances tab, Financial Aid Refund Cheque icon to request a refund.
To request a refund send an email to email@example.com - in the Subject Line "Refund Request - Student # " Body of your email provide:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Refund Request
Attach a copy of your Visa/Study permit denial documents
Body of the Email: Your full name, student number and reason for your request
If you paid by credit card, you will receive a credit back to your credit card. If you paid by wire payment, you will receive a wire refund from either Western Union or Flywire.
- Summer 2020 Refund Schedule
- Fall 2020 Refundable Tuition Deposit
- Fall 2019/Winter 2020 Refund Schedule
- Summer 2019 Refund Schedule
- Fall 2018/Winter 2019 Refund Schedule
- Summer 2018 Refund Schedule
- Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 Refund Schedule
Bank of Nova Scotia - log into your online banking app and select the bank account from the home screen. Tap account information and under Direct deposit, tap to view details.
Royal Bank of Canada - log into your online banking app and select Bank Accounts. Beside each account, you will find a 5-digit transit/branch number (before hyphen) and a 7-digit account number (after hyphen).
TD Canada - log in to your banking app, select the bank account then select Summary and click the Direct deposit Information at the bottom of the screen. Your full banking information will display.
CIBC and SIMPLII- log into your banking app, select the bank account The screen opens in transactions view so click on ACCOUNT INFO and your direct deposit information will display in detail.
If you bank elsewhere, please log into your banking app and search for “direct deposit” or “void cheque information” or call your bank for instruction.