Welcome to the Financial Aid Website
For information on the services we offer, please select one of the following links:
The Financial Aid office is located in the Registrar's Office in Blackburn Hall
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Our office primarily administers Scholarships, Bursaries and OSAP for Domestic, Undergraduate students. Please select one of the following links for financial aid information pertaining to:
Financial Aid Status
To view any awarded OSAP, Scholarships, Awards and/or Bursaries visit:
Back to Top
Financial Aid News & Upcoming Deadlines
- Our office will begin confirming enrolment 10 days before the start of term
- Students will receive a notice from the ministry once OSAP has been confirmed
- OSAP application must be complete before we can confirm enrolment
- Undergraduate Students must register for courses in both the fall and winter terms (if applicable)
- Graduate Students must register for courses in the fall, winter AND spring terms (if applicable)
- Check status of OSAP application on OSAP website: www.ontario.ca/osap
- Under the Things to Do heading, you should only see "School must confirm enrolment"
2016-17 OSAP Application Deadlines
- Full-time Fall/Winter OSAP: February 25, 2017
- Part-time Winter OSAP: March 15, 2017
- OSAP Appeals: March 17, 2017
OSAP Summer 2017
To determine if you will be a full or part time student during the upcoming summer session please review the following:
Summer Eligibility Information
Funding Examples Chart (Full Time Only)
To apply for Part-time OSAP, students must complete the application available now at: ontario.ca/osap
Full-time Undergraduate students will complete an OSAP Summer Extension form available on the Finances page of the myTrent portal beginning February 24, 2017.
Summer Application Deadlines
- Summer Term 1 only (6 weeks): May 7
- Summer Term 2 only (6 weeks): June 19
- Full summer term (12 weeks): June 19
2017-18 OSAP Information
Starting next year, OSAP is changing. You could be eligible for free tuition.
We encourage all students to apply for OSAP as the application includes consideration for non-repayable grants as well as loans. Even if you do not intend to borrow money, you can elect to access only the grant funding if you are deemed eligible. OSAP takes into account many factors so all students, regardless of financial circumstances, are encouraged to apply.
Visit the OSAP website for up to date information, to register and to complete your OSAP profile: ontario.ca/osap
March Open House Presentation
The summerbursary application will be posted in the myTrent portal on May 4 for Term 1 and students enrolled in both summer terms and again on June 19 for students enrolled in Term 2 only.
Back to Top
Supporting the Pursuit of Excellence
New students with a final admission average of 80% or higher are eligible for a Trent University National Renewable Entrance Scholarship.
Secondary students with a final admission average of 90% or higher are eligible to receive Full Tuition.
For full details visit: http://www.trentu.ca/financialaid/scholarships_entrance.php
Ask real questions like "How do I apply for financial aid?
Top Questions asked