Welcome to the Financial Aid Website
For information on the services we offer, please select one of the following links:
The Financial Aid office is located in the Registrar's Office in Blackburn Hall
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Our office primarily administers Scholarships, Bursaries and OSAP for Domestic, Undergraduate students. Please select one of the following links for financial aid information pertaining to:
Financial Aid Status
To view any awarded OSAP, Scholarships, Awards and/or Bursaries visit:
Back to Top
Financial Aid News & Upcoming Deadlines
March Open House Presentation
OSAP for Summer 2016
Students wishing to apply for OSAP, for the upcoming summer terms, are required to complete an OSAP Summer Extension form. Completed forms should be signed and submitted to the Financial Aid office. Please review the following for more information:
Deadlines to apply for Full and Part time summer OSAP:
Session 1 only - April 30
Session 2 only - June 18
Full Summer - June 4
OSAP for 2016-17 Academic Year
The OSAP application for the 2016-2017 school year is now open.
We encourage all students to apply for OSAP as the application includes consideration for non-repayable grants as well as loans. Even if you do not intend to borrow money, you can elect to access only the grant funding if you are deemed eligible. OSAP takes into account many factors so all students, regardless of financial circumstances, are encouraged to apply.
Please visit ontario.ca/OSAP to view and complete the application.
- Our office will begin confirming enrolment 10 days before classes start
- Students will receive a notice from the ministry once OSAP has been confirmed
- OSAP application must be complete before we can confirm enrolment
- Students must register for courses in both the fall and winter terms (if applicable)
- Check status of OSAP application on OSAP website: www.ontario.ca/osap
- Under the Things to Do heading, you should only see "School must confirm enrolment"
OSAP funding is based, in part, on the number of weeks in the study term. There was an adjustment to the dates of the Fall term and OSAP has recalculated to reflect the new Fall term dates.
- The In-course Bursary application is now posted for the Summer term
- Deadline to apply is May 15
- Student will be notified of the results by May 31, via their Trent email account
- The application will be posted in July for students enrolled in only the second summer term
- By September 30 all eligible students will be notified, via their Trent email account, about their 2015-16 scholarship offer
- Students who were enrolled in summer courses may not have received a scholarship renewal notice if the summer courses were required for scholarship renewal
- Scholarships will be credited directly to student accounts
- To remain eligible for the scholarship students must be enrolled in 5.0 Trent credits as of November 30. (4.0 credits for students who have been approved by the SAS office for a reduced course load)
Back to Top
Supporting the Pursuit of Excellence
New students with a final admission average of 80% or higher are eligible for a Trent University National Renewable Entrance Scholarship.
Secondary students with a final admission average of 90% or higher are eligible to receive Full Tuition.
For full details visit: http://www.trentu.ca/financialaid/scholarships_entrance.php
Ask real questions like "How do I apply for financial aid?
Top Questions asked