Welcome to the Financial Aid Website
For information on the services we offer, please select one of the following links:
The Financial Aid office is located in the Registrar's Office in Blackburn Hall
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Our office primarily administers Scholarships, Bursaries and OSAP for Domestic, Undergraduate students. Please select one of the following links for financial aid information pertaining to:
Financial Aid Status
To view any awarded OSAP, Scholarships, Awards and/or Bursaries visit:
Back to Top
Financial Aid News & Upcoming Deadlines
- Our office is currently confirming enrolment
- Students will receive a notice from the ministry once OSAP has been confirmed
- OSAP application must be complete before we can confirm enrolment
- Undergraduate Students must register for courses in both the fall and winter terms (if applicable)
- Graduate Students must register for courses in the fall, winter AND spring terms (if applicable)
- Check status of OSAP application on OSAP website: www.ontario.ca/osap
- Under the Things to Do heading, you should only see "School must confirm enrolment"
2016-17 OSAP Update
We are currently processing signature pages and supporting documentation for September OSAP applications. Due to very high volumes of paperwork, we are currently not able to give updates on the status of individual student documents.
We are processing signature pages and supporting documents in date received order. If we notice an error on the signature pages or supporting documents we have received, we will notify students to their Trent email accounts.
If you submitted your documents by uploading them online through the OSAP portal or if you mailed them into our office, once they have been processed, your OSAP account will be updated online to reflect the changes. Please be sure to monitor your OSAP application status by logging into your OSAP application at www.ontario.ca/osap.
If your documentation has not been updated on your OSAP portal by August 1, please feel free to contact our office after this date. We expect that we will be able to determine why your documentation hasn’t been reviewed by this time.
Thank you for your patience,
Trent’s Financial Aid Team
OSAP for 2016-17 Academic Year
The OSAP application for the 2016-2017 school year is now open.
We encourage all students to apply for OSAP as the application includes consideration for non-repayable grants as well as loans. Even if you do not intend to borrow money, you can elect to access only the grant funding if you are deemed eligible. OSAP takes into account many factors so all students, regardless of financial circumstances, are encouraged to apply.
Please visit ontario.ca/OSAP to view and complete the application.
March Open House Presentation
- The In-course Bursary application is now posted for the Summer term
- Deadline to apply is June 30
- Student will be notified of the results by July 15, via their Trent email account
- The application will be posted in July for students enrolled in only the second summer term
Back to Top
Supporting the Pursuit of Excellence
New students with a final admission average of 80% or higher are eligible for a Trent University National Renewable Entrance Scholarship.
Secondary students with a final admission average of 90% or higher are eligible to receive Full Tuition.
For full details visit: http://www.trentu.ca/financialaid/scholarships_entrance.php
Ask real questions like "How do I apply for financial aid?
Top Questions asked