MyTrent Online Requests
You are able to request PDF documents online through the MyTrent Portal.
International Letter Requests
Verification of Enrollment Requests
You may require a Verification of Enrollment Letter for immigration purposes. For example, to extend your study permit, to apply for a entry visa, etc. You may request a letter on the myTrent portal. Letters are issued by 4:30PM on Fridays if received by 12:00pm on Thursday.
- Undergraduate - myTrent > Register > Verification > International Immigration Letter Request
- Trent-ESL - myTrent > Academics > International > ESL Letter / ESL Transcript Request
- Graduate - myTrent > Academics > Verification of Enrollment Request
A verification of enrollment letter includes your:
- full name
- student number
- start dates
- anticipated graduation date
Once you complete your program, Trent will issue you a Verification of Program Completion Letter. Letters are issued mid-May, mid-September, or mid-January depending on your completion date. The letter cannot be issued until the Senate has met to confer your degree.
- Undergraduate/Post-Graduate Certificate Graduates: Request in advance in your final term of study on myTrent > Register > International Immigration Letter Request > Purpose of Letter: Completion/Graduation
- Masters/PhD Graduates: The School of Graduate studies will automatically send to you mid-May, mid-September, or mid-January depending on your completion date
- Undergraduate - myTrent > Academics > Forms (these requests go to the Registrar's Office and include a fee)
- Trent-ESL Transcripts - myTrent > Academics > International - issued after the completion of the term.
UHIP Card Requests
Health Insurance proof of coverage - myTrent > Support > Health and Wellness
Part-Time Status Requests
myTrent > Academics > International
International students should remain full-time enrolled in each mandatory term of their program if they wish to take advantage of their study permit working conditions and remain eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. However, international students are permitted to be in less than a full-time courseload in their final term of study if they have less than a full-courseload to complete their studies. In this circumstances, they will still remain eligible to work as per study permit working conditions and remain eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Complete this form to assess your eligibility.
- A minimum of 2.0 credits in each mandatory term. The recommended full-time course-load is 2.5 credits in each mandatory term.
- Fall (Sept to Dec) and Winter (Jan to Apr) are deemed mandatory terms.
- Summer (May to Aug) is an optional term with no course-load requirement.
- Permitted to be in less than a full-time courseload in final term of study and still remain eligible to work as per study permit working conditions and remain eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.