Advising for International Students
- International Student Advising
- Book an appointment with an international advisor
International Student Advisor
An International Student Academic Advisor (ISAA) can support you in the following areas:
- Choosing or changing your program or major
- Understanding your degree/program requirements
- Understanding academic regulations and procedures
- Adding, dropping, or withdrawing from a course
- Reviewing your academic progress
- Developing a plan to deal with academic difficulties (i.e., Academic Probation and Academic Suspension)
- Referral to other relevant campus services
An International Student Immigration Advisor (ISIA) can support you in the following areas:
- Providing immigration advice in the area of Study Permits, Temporary Resident Visas, and how Study Permits relate to other currently available Canadian immigration programs (co-op work permits, Post-Graduation Work Permits)
- Understanding your immigration requirements
- Understanding the immigration requirements for your dependents
- Explaining immigration application processes
- Understanding how your academics relate to immigration
- Referrals to additional immigration services and resources
Note:Trent University’s International Student Immigration Advisors cannot advise on permanent residency or citizenship, fill out immigration application forms on a student’s behalf, or represent students. Visit our Permanent Residence webpage for more information.
How to book an Appointment with an International Advisor
Advising is available Monday to Friday by appointment. New appointments become available on a daily basis. Check the portal regularly for appointment availability.
You can book an appointment with the International Student Academic Advisor or an International Student Immigration Advisor following these steps:
- Login to the Student Experience Portal www.trentu.ca/sep
- Select “Peterborough/Durham Campus Appointment Bookings” on the left-hand menu
- Select “Trent International”
- Select "Book by Appointment Type"
- Select either "Academic Advising" or "Immigration Advising"
- If booking immigration appointment, include study permit and passport expiry and include reason for appointment
- If booking academic appointment, explain in detail reason for appointment
- Select an appointment block and fill in the required information