Course Selection and Registration
There is a lot to think about prior to selecting and registering in your courses. We’ve broken the process down into 4 steps to help make this a bit more manageable.
- The Academic Calendar lists all requirements and provides a comprehensive breakdown of each program
- At Trent University there are two sets of degree requirements to follow - your program requirements and the University requirements. Students must satisfy the program requirements and the University requirements to complete their degree.
- Course Requirements by Major/Subject
Step 2: Choose your courses
- You may want to consider your course load
- It is important to understand the difference between credits and courses
- Choosing elective courses
- Transfer students should consider their unique circumstances
- Remember that your courses may have different delivery methods--Courses can be delivered ‘in person’, ‘web based’, ‘web/blackboard synchronous’, ‘web/blackboard asynchronous’ or ‘hybrid’. Detailed information on delivery method can be found in the INSTRUCTION column of the Academic Timetable.
- Using the Academic Timetable which provides a list of all the courses that are running this year, and on what days and times the classes are scheduled and details on delivery method.
- Designing a timetable with Self Service portal - a helpful tool that allows you to plan your schedule by the day
Step 4: Register in your courses