Read&Write is a literacy support toolset designed to support struggling readers, writers and English language learners.
We are thrilled to provide Read&Write to the entire Trent University community absolutely FREE of charge.
One sign-in, any device!
You are free to enjoy the benefits of Read&Write on Windows PC's, Macs and as a browser extension for Chrome & Microsoft Edge.
Our licensing covers any and all devices for unrestricted access to all of Read&Write's premium features .
- Download Read&Write from Texthelp's website by following the link to 'Try Read&Write, select your desired operating system to start the download!
- Install Read&Write on your device. Feel free to follow setup instructions on Read&Write's support website if you'd like to see the step-by-step directions.
- Sign-in using your Trent ID to activate the software.
- Students: Select the option to 'Sign in with Google' and enter your @trentu.ca email address when prompted to login to authenticate using your MyTrent account.
- Staff / Faculty: Select the option to 'Sign in with Microsoft' and enter your @trentu.ca email address when prompted to login to authenticate using your MyTrent account.
- That's it - you're ready to go!
Got PDF's? Introducing OrbitNote!
OrbitNote allows you to transform and interact with PDFs in a completely different way.
OrbitNote makes PDFs accessible & actionable and it includes many features that can assist your learning when working with PDFs:
Text to Speech: Reads words, passages, or whole documents aloud with easy-to-follow highlighting.
Text: Lets you type & annotate text on top of the PDF.
Pushpin: Ideal for making notes, creating study guides or adding instructions or other helpful hints to a PDF document or assignment
Freehand Drawing: To scribble and draw on your PDF to complete assignments or highlight important information.
Shapes Drawing: For creating circles, rectangles and lines with customized lines and fill colours.
Text and Voice comments: For collaboration, showing understanding and giving feedback
Highlighters: Collect highlights from text in documents or the web for summarizing research and to create bibliographies.
Quick Reference (Getting Started) Guides
Visit Texthelp's Getting Started website for various quick reference & getting started guides for using Read&Write on the various supported platforms.
Additional Training & Support
Texthelp has developed extensive training & support resources available free of charge on the Texthelp Training Portal. You can even track your progress and gain achievements along the way.
Feel free to explore their fast growing library of short courses, strategies and best practices to help maximize your proficiency with their suite of software!