Read&Write is a literacy support toolset designed to support struggling readers, writers and English language learners.
We are thrilled to provide Read&Write to the entire Trent University community absolutely FREE of charge.
One sign-in, any device!
You are free to enjoy the benefits of Read&Write on Windows PC's, Macs, Google Chrome devices, iPad & Android tablets. Our licensing covers any and all devices for unrestricted access to all of Read&Write's premium features.
- Download Read&Write from Texthelp's website by following the link to 'Get your free 30 day trial', select your desired operating system and click the 'Try Now' button to start the download!
- Install Read&Write on your device. Feel free to follow setup instructions on Read&Write's support website if you'd like to see the step-by-step directions.
- Sign-in using your Trent ID to activate the software.
- Students: Select the option to 'Sign in with Google' and enter your @trentu.ca email address when prompted to login to authenticate using your MyTrent account.
- Staff / Faculty: Select the option to 'Sign in with Microsoft' and enter your @trentu.ca email address when prompted to login to authenticate using your MyTrent account.
- That's it - you're ready to go!
Quick Reference (Getting Started) Guides
Visit Texthelp's Getting Started website for various quick reference & getting started guides for using Read&Write on the various supported platforms.
Additional Training & Support
Texthelp has developed extensive training & support resources available free of charge on the Texthelp Training Portal. You can even track your progress and gain achievements along the way.
Feel free to explore their fast growing library of short courses, strategies and best practices to help maximize your proficiency with their suite of software!
Older version (11.5 for PC)
As an alternative, Version 11.5 of Read&Write for PC is also still available. Some features that were available in version 11.5 for the PC are not available in version 12 (Verb checker, Audio Maker, Translator amongst others). A complete comparison matrix highlighting the differences between versions is available on Texthelp's website.