Financial Appeal Policy and Process
Financial Appeal Undergraduate Tuition Fees - Appeal after September 24, 2020
Students accept financial responsibility for course fees upon registration.
Students are expected to familiarize themselves with the Trent University Fees Policy, the Payment Due Dates, Refund Policy and Financial Drop Deadlines.
Students wishing to submit a financial appeal because of a serious illness or death of an immediate family member may do so in writing for a fee of $25.00. This fee must be included with the financial appeal submission.
Financial appeals may take up to 60 days to finalize. A successful academic petition does not guarantee a successful financial appeal.
As per Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, all financial appeal awards will result in the recalculation of the T2202 tax credit.
Financial Appeal Tuition Fees Submission Deadlines
- Fall Session (September – December) Deadline of March 31st
- Winter Session (January – April) Deadline of July 31st
- Full Academic Year (September – April) Deadline of July 31st
- Summer Session (May – August) Deadline of November 30th
Financial Appeal Submission Process
- The student must submit a letter outlining the nature of the appeal along with supporting documentation from a physician/psychologist or in cases of death, a copy of the death certificate. Original documentation must be included. The medical note should include a statement from the doctor or psychologist that the illness was not pre-existing to the start of the school year and that a full withdrawal from the term was necessary.
- The financial appeal should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial appeals may be granted at the discretion of the university.
An academic appeal is not the same as a financial appeal (see Academic Appeals for details).