expand search

Tuition, Scholarships and Financial Aid

Three students sitting on grass studying and laughing

Tuition, Scholarships and Financial Aid

Tuition & Fees

What's In Your Tuition?

Tuition consist's of registration, ancillary and levy fees. Tuition is assessed per term at differentiated rates between:

  • First and continuing year of study
  • Programs of study
  • International (visa) students

Miscellaneous and Administrative Fees

Miscellaneous fees or administrative fees are fees for service and may be incurred by a student as a result of a request or action.

Course and Program Specific Fees

Course and program specific fees may be charged by Trent University for the reasonable cost of such things as field trips, learning material and placement and/or practicum fees. Please consult course descriptions to identify if course and program specific fees apply.

Residence and Meal Plan Fees

Residence and meal plan fees vary depending on the residence assigned and type of room. Meal plans are mandatory for certain residence facilities. For details consult the Housing Services website.

TrentU Card Trent Cash

In addition to being your student card, your TrentU Card is also your library card, your gym access for eligible members, your door access, and it is the easiest way to pay for everything you need, on and off-campus. Each TrentU Card has two accounts on it - one for your dining plan, one for your Trent Cash. Trent Cash is the fastest, most convenient, most secure, fee-free method of payment available to all Trent University Students. Visit TrentU Card website for more information on Trent Cash and locations that you can use Trent Cash.

Residence students are able to deposit money to their Trent Cash account via their Residence application. For more information on this, please visit the Residence Students link. All other students can add funds via the MyTrent Portal, in the Campus Card Office in Blackburn Hall Rm. 104 (Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM -  4:00 PM) and at the Trent University Durham GTA Library.

Transfer from your Student Account to your TrentU Card

Accounts with a credit balance or overpayment can request a transfer from their student account to their TrentU Card by visiting the Student Accounts Office, Blackburn Hall Suite 114 or email Student Accounts.