Staff and Faculty Computer Purchases
The total cost of a computer goes well beyond the initial purchase and extends throughout the entire lifecycle of the computer to include all support and maintenance activity for its expected 4 year lifespan.
Trent University is currently under contract with Dell Canada for the supply of standardized laptops and desktops. Each computer arrives preloaded with a Trent University image and standard software package. Dell prices include an operating system, Office Suite Professional (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) Outlook email client, F Secure Anti-virus, Secure CRT and a three year Next Business Day onsite warranty. All computers have been upgraded to Dell’s Energy Smart Configuration.
Steps To Order Your Standard Dell Computer
Please follow this link to the Dell Premier;
- Choose a basic machine or customize your computer by adding upgrades;
- Add to your cart;
- Save as an E-Quote (record the Dell E-Quote number);
- Send a completed Purchase Order Requisition to the Purchasing Office, referencing your E-Quote Number.
Standard delivery from Dell is 8 to 10 days.
Steps to Order Your Apple Computer
Please follow this link to the Apple Store for Education Institutions;
- Search for Trent University using the Find Your School dialogue box;
- Select Browse as Guest;
- Add items to your cart;
- Save as a Saved Cart (record your Saved Cart number);
- Send a completed Purchase Order Requisition to the Purchasing Office, referencing your Saved Cart Number.
Standard delivery from Apple is 4 to 7 days.