Staff and Faculty Computer Purchases
The total cost of a computer goes well beyond the initial purchase and extends throughout the entire lifecycle of the computer to include all support and maintenance activity for its expected 4 year lifespan. Trent University is currently under contract with Dell Canada for the supply of standardized laptops and desktops. Each computer arrives preloaded with a Trent University image and standard software package.
Lead times for computer systems are significantly impacted by ongoing global supply chain shortages. Manufactures’ websites will list typical lead times; however, these are estimates and may be further delayed.
Steps To Order Your Standard Dell Computer
Please follow this link to the Dell Premier;
- Choose a basic machine or customize your computer by adding upgrades;
- Add to your cart;
- Save as an E-Quote (record the Dell E-Quote number);
- Send a completed Purchase Order Requisition to the Purchasing Office, referencing your E-Quote Number.
Standard delivery from Dell is 8 to 10 days.
Steps to Order Your Apple Computer
Please follow this link to the Apple Store for Education Institutions;
- Search for Trent University using the Find Your School dialogue box;
- Select Browse as Guest;
- Add items to your cart;
- Save as a Saved Cart (record your Saved Cart number);
- Send a completed Purchase Order Requisition to the Purchasing Office, referencing your Saved Cart Number.
Standard delivery from Apple is 4 to 7 days.